Notts Golf Club to go

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Don't panic if you are planning to play this wonderful course. All that is going is the name. The club has decided it will now be known as Hollinwell Golf Club which is what a large number of Nottinghamshire golfers call it anyway.

richbeech

Hacker
Visit site
Best course I've played. Stunning place. I highly recommend having a drink from the holly well (spring) too, the water tastes amazing!!

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
Haven't they been calling it Notts Hollinwell for a while, I presume to get people used to the Hollinwell part in advance.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Even as a Southerner I've only heard it referred to as Hollinwell. Not an area with the country I've spent enough time in but it is a course I have always wanted to play. Open qualifier and the pictures look stunning

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Even as a Southerner I've only heard it referred to as Hollinwell. Not an area with the country I've spent enough time in but it is a course I have always wanted to play. Open qualifier and the pictures look stunning
It’s 10 mins from me and Ave never given it any thought about playing there ?

D

Deleted member 15344

I’ve been lucky enough to play this course a number of times - an absolute belter. Should be on everyone’s list of must plays.
Agree - it’s a stunning course , up there with the best Heathland courses in the country

D

Deleted member 1147

There’s also a Nottinghamshire Golf club. Set up I believe by a former member of the ‘well.

Most people know it as Hollinwell in the east mids.

It’s named from a Holy Well by the 8th tee.

fenwayrich

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I've lived in the county all my life and the club has always been Notts when we've played against them in matches (rarely in recent years). The course has always been Hollinwell.

The reason is doubtless historic. When the club was formed in the 19th century, playing firstly near Trent Bridge and then on the site of the present Bulwell Forest course, it was the first and only one in the county. Hence it has always been Notts. When the members wisely took advantage of the move to the north of the county on the site at Hollinwell, it retained the original name.

They can call it what they like, it's a superb course in idyllic surroundings. It will always be Notts Golf Club to me.