Northern Ireland advice please?

Zig

Visit site
Cheers everyone for all your help :) I have just booked Portrush and Valley course today . Waiting on few other courses now to get back to me to see what availability they have .

looking forward to it and hopefully there will be no rain come mid may :)

Great stuff... enjoy. Going across in a couple of weeks to play in an Open at Portrush, with Lough Erne and maybe Malone either side (if we can squeeze it into the flight times). You'll love it.

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Cheers everyone for all your help :) I have just booked Portrush and Valley course today . Waiting on few other courses now to get back to me to see what availability they have .

looking forward to it and hopefully there will be no rain come mid may :)

Where else have you asked about availability?

Yes you will need to book Royal Portrush in advance but the rest wherever it is I would hold off and wait til they release next years fixtures as most courses over here have regular opens which you (I’m presuming you are a member of a course) can play in at a fraction of full green fee rate!

This is unless they are the big names which only have 1 or 2 opens per year but if you are planning on playing Donegal courses then you will find most of them will have opens fairly regular

Zig

Visit site
Glad I’m not the only one who was completely underwhelmed by Ardglass as I thought it was just me when you see how many rant and rave about it!

Had also forgotten about the 3rd course opening at Rosapenna next year! This combined with Ballyliffins two courses and the others I mentioned previously make County Donegal a top class golfing destination!

As I mentioned in another thread Royal Portrush is probably my favourite course so definitely play it but then focus your trip on the Donegal courses and stay somewhere in Donegal which makes the courses more accessible with a shortish drive!

If you plan on playing Ballyliffin give me a shout and i will get a game with you or in fact if you coming to Donegal and want any help or advice just give me a PM

Just want to second Donegal as the best place to play golf in the UK&Ire in my opinion (and from NE England, so have no reason to 'big it up'). I did spend a week with mates playing golf there tho on my stag do many years ago. Have had to revisit multiple times to replay the courses - memory was a bit fuggled on the stag do :)

Ballyliffin is sensational. 36 holes of the highest quality, two very different 18s. Great clubhouse/pubs and B&Bs.
The big course at Rosapenna is fantastic. Awesome setting.
Murvagh is brilliant. Quality golf.
Haven't got to Nairn and Portnoo yet, but understand recent changes have made this as good as those above too.

Best bit... not too far south to Rosses Point, Enniscrone and Carne. And not too far north for Royal Portrush.

Popping across in a couple of weeks for an open at Portrush. Gutted quarantine means we can't venture to the courses in the 'south'... but it's good excuse to play a few other courses in NI and then plan our next trip to Ireland next Easter!

matt71

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Waiting on Portstewart and Castlerock to get back to me :) Donegal looks amazing by the way!

mmmmm food for thought :)

you guys are blessed with some stunning courses ??‍♂️?

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The harbour bar in Portrush for me, if I was up that way again.

An arl mans boozer on one side, opens up to a fantastic restaurant in the back and live music upstairs, even if you just stayed in Portrush for just one night.

As well as the storied courses, if I had a spare afternoon if you were heading back towards belfast, Scrabo was a cracking little knock for cheap, as has brilliant views.

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Waiting on Portstewart and Castlerock to get back to me :) Donegal looks amazing by the way!

mmmmm food for thought :)

you guys are blessed with some stunning courses ??‍♂️?

Yes you’ll need to book Portstewart in advance as well!

If you want a game or two at Ballyliffin while you over give me a shout and I will get a game with you. It’s well worth the hour or so run down from The coleraine area if you going to be based around there!

matt71

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Yes you’ll need to book Portstewart in advance as well!

If you want a game or two at Ballyliffin while you over give me a shout and I will get a game with you. It’s well worth the hour or so run down from The coleraine area if you going to be based around there!

cheers Smange ?

really appreciate the offer :)

portstewart now booked as well and will let you know if we can manage to fit it in . Just have to look at the budget and time we are over , however we could always come back ???‍♂️

cheers again for all your help: Got the following booked :

Both Portrush courses
Portstewart

Castlerock has confirmed availability but May give this a miss now that we have booked Portstewart and you guys say it’s worth paying the extra to play it :) ?

probably going to add Scrabo before we fly home as well ( cheers Liverbirdie)