North vs South match - checking interest

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Okay, folks.

As per @Dando's post in another thread, I thought I'd post here and gauge interest in a North vs South golf meet.

Nothing is set and I'm not saying myself or Dando will be arranging it, but if enough people are interested, then he and I will talk!

So, note your interest, whether you're North or South and where you're based (place and county).

So far, @Beezerk, @Voyager EMH and @IanM have expressed an interest.

Last edited:

Bratty

Visit site
Is Scotland the North???
It's North of me!
Beau Desert was once a venue for North vs South, I seem to remember?
That said, if we're including Scotland, then a little further up might be necessary! Bondhay is somewhere I've wanted to go back to for ages, and could work.
Or even further up/down the M1/M6 of course.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Would be interested. I'm south, of course.

Surely your halfway point would be better decided once you know who's in? I mean if the majority of your north team are from Liverpool or from Aberdeen, it makes a difference doesn't it?

Bratty

Visit site
Would be interested. I'm south, of course.

Surely your halfway point would be better decided once you know who's in? I mean if the majority of your north team are from Liverpool or from Aberdeen, it makes a difference doesn't it?
Fair. So, anyone interested, say where you are, place and county, rather than where you think halfway is.

Last edited:

RichA

Visit site
I'm up for it, if it's midweek.
I live in Herts but travel to and from Notts in the middle of every week.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Me too. My heart is in the north.
Guessing that gets sorted after all entrants are confirmed.

But why is this gathering interest when Farts v Whippersnappers faded away?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Me too. My heart is in the north.
Guessing that gets sorted after all entrants are confirmed.

But why is this gathering interest when Farts v Whippersnappers faded away?
Forest Pines is a 3 hour trek from Aylesbury and a lot came from further south than that....certainly part of the reason..

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Maybe you should all come to Willow Valley, I provisionally have a date booked in July for a bit of a get together. Nice hotel just down the road, and some cracking courses dotted around if anybody wanted to make a weekend of it. It's right off the M62 so very easy to access from north and south via the M1/A1, or the M6.

If ever you needed proof that slope ratings aren't accurate, the course is the perfect example.

Date I have pencilled in is Sat 29th of July. Be happy to help sort something if there was interest.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Interested.👍

fwiw - having done the trip many times I know that the M6 Thelwell Viaduct is pretty much exactly half way distance-wise between Farnham in Surrey (35miles from the south coast) and Glasgow Southside (and 35 miles from Glasgow Southside takes you to Dunblane)

Last edited:

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
It's North of me!
Beau Desert was once a venue for North vs South, I seem to remember?
That said, if we're including Scotland, then a little further up might be necessary! Bondhay is somewhere I've wanted to go back to for ages, and could work.
Or even further up/down the M1/M6 of course.
A lot further up if you want "central"

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
Interested.👍

fwiw - having done the trip many times I know that the M6 Thelwell Viaduct is pretty much exactly half way distance-wise between Farnham in Surrey (35miles from the south coast) and Glasgow Southside (and 35 miles from Glasgow Southside takes you to Dunblane)
Farnham to Wick is 690 miles, halfway is Lockerbie more or less, Warrington is a long way south from there