No Returns - WHS

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
But don't folk book in but then not join the Comp? Not compulsory to play in the Comp is it?

For our non optional comps it is sign up to the comp then choose your tee time, mainly affects Saturday comps.

For optional comps it is book your tee time and then sign in to the comp, normally via the IG app or PSI screen on the day, mainly affects weekday and Sunday comps.

For Saturdays it is not compulsory to play in the comp but can be difficult to get a tee slot if you are not. Non comp slots have to be booked via the proshop/office and tell them you are not playing in the comp. Slots can be booked via the net at 8pm Friday 8 days in advance bui if you are booking in via the proshop this has to be done the following day earliest.

As per wjemather priority is given to those playing the comp. We do have another course that players can book if they want to avoid playing in the medal and we alternate medals between the 2.

Last edited:

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just to update those who might be interested, the Max Score option in comps seems to be removed from my ISV (V1) whether this is now no longer an option as it was under CONGU I cant say as I haven't looked at the various new WHS rules on the subject.

wjemather

Visit site
Just to update those who might be interested, the Max Score option in comps seems to be removed from my ISV (V1) whether this is now no longer an option as it was under CONGU I cant say as I haven't looked at the various new WHS rules on the subject.
Yes, I expected to be able to just get it enabled in ClubV1, but had to submit an enhancement request. Still waiting for it though...
I can think of no reason why Club Systems didn't have the option all ready to go, given it's a listed "authorized format of play" for both competitions and casual/general play rounds.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yes, I expected to be able to just get it enabled in ClubV1, but had to submit an enhancement request. Still waiting for it though...
I can think of no reason why Club Systems didn't have the option all ready to go, given it's a listed "authorized format of play" for both competitions and casual/general play rounds.
Especially as it was available before - I suspect it was another "EG didn't ask on the spec" moment.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I have long been an advocate of separate comps in medal. Old school div 1 and 2, medal, div 3 and above stableford. There is zero reason why anyone off 13 and above needs to finish a medal score. It's time consuming. If you are lucky enough to hit your second close, and then have to wait while your playing partner hits 9 shots before you get a chance to putt, by which time you are rushing, it's bollocks. I have been in this position in a 36 hole medal, and it sucked.
Cat 1 and 2 (gone, but much lamented) rarely hit much over a double, in my experience.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have long been an advocate of separate comps in medal. Old school div 1 and 2, medal, div 3 and above stableford. There is zero reason why anyone off 13 and above needs to finish a medal score. It's time consuming. If you are lucky enough to hit your second close, and then have to wait while your playing partner hits 9 shots before you get a chance to putt, by which time you are rushing, it's bollocks. I have been in this position in a 36 hole medal, and it sucked.
Cat 1 and 2 (gone, but much lamented) rarely hit much over a double, in my experience.
Always sensible IMO to have divisions

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site
D

Deleted member 15344

From what I hear, yes. Plus matchplay and betterball being authorised formats for handicapping.
Sorry but what ? Matchplay and Betterball formats for handicapping ! How can that be done

D

Deleted member 15344

By using MLS?
Guess you score if you dont hole out

Sounds great - can just imagine , I’m not going to hole out on this hole so my most likely score will be a 3 ? perfect

Utterly ridiculous to use Matchplay for handicaps

But with the decisions they have made of the last number of years it’s something that wouldn’t surprise me

SammmeBee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sounds great - can just imagine , I’m not going to hole out on this hole so my most likely score will be a 3 ? perfect

Utterly ridiculous to use Matchplay for handicaps

But with the decisions they have made of the last number of years it’s something that wouldn’t surprise me

Just something else to pander to those who think golf is too hard - golf is hard - just get better or deal with what LOFT you’ve got...

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Don't be so hasty. He had a 4 inch putt for a 2, but picked up and gave himself a 3 as that still won him the hole in match play. Got a big competition coming up, so wants a nice handicap increase before he plays it :)
Didn't realise that posters here could be so devious. :eek:

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ok.... so both he & the guys confirming his score are cheats..... but, as always, it's hard to get round that.