No more Winter Rules.....

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Should just be preferred lies all year round for amateur golf anyway. Would solve the issue of having to play out of a divot, plus weather is trash all year round now anyway. We play for fun anyway so what's the harm?

How times have you actually been in a divot ?

It’s a very rare occurrence

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Depends where you play. I've played some poorly looked after courses where divots aren't replaced by members (or moved by birds) and seen one bloke land in three on the front nine. You could see the veins on the neck rising and the anger building

We are very fortunate that our marshalls go round filling divots , each Marshall has 2 holes to look after when their on so over the space of a week all 18 holes are done

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We are very fortunate that our marshalls go round filling divots , each Marshall has 2 holes to look after when their on so over the space of a week all 18 holes are done
Or green keepers do a good job and to a large degree our members are fairly responsible. It's a shame when you watch societies go out and simply chop their way round without a care of the condition of the course and divots left, bunkers unraked. Sadly the way the club is going its about getting the cash in and the profits and to hell with the members

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
As they say in the sport. Rub of the green

I can remember once over the last year were someone has gone into a old divot
Disagree. How is it a level playing field if one person hits a 250 drive on the fairway and lands in a deep divot and the PP is next to him on a good lie? It is a rule that was antiquated and still needs permanently changing. Otherwise why not take all paths on courses out from being a lift - rub of the green if you land on it?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Or green keepers do a good job and to a large degree our members are fairly responsible. It's a shame when you watch societies go out and simply chop their way round without a care of the condition of the course and divots left, bunkers unraked. Sadly the way the club is going its about getting the cash in and the profits and to hell with the members
And you are entirely confident that your members replace them religiously? Along with every pitch mark, every bunker is raked correctly? If they do all of this, your club is utterly unique! Visitors are an easy target but the reality is that the blame is shared across the board.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
And you are entirely confident that your members replace them religiously? Along with every pitch mark, every bunker is raked correctly? If they do all of this, your club is utterly unique! Visitors are an easy target but the reality is that the blame is shared across the board.
Of course not but certainly those I play with are very diligent with divots and pitch marks. As for the whole membership I couldn't comment and I am sure there are plenty that don't. Visitors are easy targets but when you are standing on the putting green to the side of our 9th watching them go into the bunkers and simply walk out, group on group as I saw from a society last week, it does form a prejudiced view

Arthur Wedge

Visit site

It’s definitely members - they want to blame societies and visitors but we all know the biggest culprits at all golf clubs are members

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
It’s definitely members - they want to blame societies and visitors but we all know the biggest culprits at all golf clubs are members
Totally agree with this!

Anyway, a very sensible move by EG, I had a few mud balls when playing on Friday last week at a local course but we had agreed as a society that PL was going to be used.