No golf again!

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
Personally, I think it’s right that more or less everything shuts down. The messaging needs to be clear: stay at home. Once we get into stay at home except for x, y, z it seems the population at large starts to take the mickey.
Try telling that to the knobheads marching round London and in tier 4 and partying like it's 1999! While us northern monkeys were holed up in tier 3.
We've behaved but many haven't. Now we're all paying the price!

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
Try telling that to the knobheads marching round London and in tier 4 and partying like it's 1999! While us northern monkeys were holed up in tier 3.
We've behaved but many haven't. Now we're all paying the price!

This is the exact issue with tiering. If everyone was following the rules up north, why was the rate climbing rapidly?

Having said that, glad takeaway beer has been removed.

Bought a net in the first lockdown, have to say it’s probably hurt my game more than anything. The lack of feedback from not seeing a ball flight being the main issue.

I’d advise against them. So unless you’ve got a Danny Maude esq setup at home, enjoy the break!

I'd get a really tiny bladed iron. In this temperature your hands will know if you've not middled it.

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
This is the exact issue with tiering. If everyone was following the rules up north, why was the rate climbing rapidly?

Remember the pre Christmas exodus from the big city? They brought it with 'em!
Also heard they were planning on bringing London and southern covid cases up to Yorkshire as the hospitals were filling up down there. Don't know if that happened though.

Wildboy370

skiptongolfclub.co.uk

I'd get a really tiny bladed iron. In this temperature your hands will know if you've not middled it.
Because all the southerners decided to go walking and visiting and staying in the second homes in the north, south west, Wales etc rather than do what they were asked and stay put. Driving 220 miles from Kent to snowden for a walk. Ridiculous and ignorant.

eddie_1878

Visit site

I was using foot spray (the slightly cheaper alternative to buying a new iron!), strike felt good, was hitting most out the middle-ish...get to the course/range and couldn’t hit a thing. Still can’t after a 1hr lesson too. My pro said that’d been common with golfers who were practising at home.

I’m genuinely thinking of travelling to Doncaster and giving the zen golf fella £300 for an afternoon of miracle working....post-lockdown naturally.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Remember the pre Christmas exodus from the big city? They brought it with 'em!
Also heard they were planning on bringing London and southern covid cases up to Yorkshire as the hospitals were filling up down there. Don't know if that happened though.

All our family are up north. They absolutely haven't been observing the rules up there either.

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
Because all the southerners decided to go walking and visiting and staying in the second homes in the north, south west, Wales etc rather than do what they were asked and stay put. Driving 220 miles from Kent to snowden for a walk. Ridiculous and ignorant.

I forgot all inside the M25 went to visit Snowden, must have been why Wales' circuit breaker didn't work. My bad.

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
Thank heavens I got out on Saturday.... putt out mat and the chipping net for 8 weeks :(

Attachments

• 00F61DED-A3C2-4B80-8388-19CC6761D803.jpeg
    00F61DED-A3C2-4B80-8388-19CC6761D803.jpeg
    108.5 KB · Views: 18
  • B67AC0C8-FA1B-461B-B5F8-E65D8F539060.jpeg
    B67AC0C8-FA1B-461B-B5F8-E65D8F539060.jpeg
    133.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 8058168B-8B5E-44FE-86E9-714BBCFAD8AF.jpeg
    8058168B-8B5E-44FE-86E9-714BBCFAD8AF.jpeg
    133 KB · Views: 20
  • 8DAE6179-17E1-4B92-9F42-527B91EFA348.jpeg
    8DAE6179-17E1-4B92-9F42-527B91EFA348.jpeg
    187.1 KB · Views: 18

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
If I can go for a walk then I should be able to do so with golf clubs with one other person.....

This is why I think golf should be allowed. If I can meet someone on a public golf course and go for a walk, it's legal. Stick a golf club in my hand and a ball on the floor, and then it suddenly becomes illegal... Seems fairly illogical to me.

Still, golf isn't the only thing that seems a bit silly. Schools are shut, but nurseries will still be open :unsure:

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
Will be interesting to see what my club, and no doubt many others, do about membership renewals which will fall due towards the end of the current lockdown. With the possibility that it might be extended beyond Feb 15th, I wonder how members will react to requests to pay their membership renewal. Appreciate its a bit different if you pay monthly, but I won't be in a rush to shell out the full years premium if we don't know when it will re-open.

Guess it will be a balancing act between holding off without risking losing your membership. Lets hope by Feb the way forward looks more rosy given vaccinations and , hopefully, the benefits of people adhering to the new restrictions.

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
This is why I think golf should be allowed. If I can meet someone on a public golf course and go for a walk, it's legal. Stick a golf club in my hand and a ball on the floor, and then it suddenly becomes illegal... Seems fairly illogical to me.

Still, golf isn't the only thing that seems a bit silly. Schools are shut, but nurseries will still be open :unsure:

Agree, but we have been here before, and the same questions were raised.
You (or they) have to draw the line somewhere. If golf was allowed, what about other recreational activities such as fishing, tennis, etc etc. Easier to be clear and just stop all such activities (although I do believe elite sport should also stop given the idiots in the Premier League who are flaunting rules every few weeks it seems).

stevench

Club Champion
Visit site

Unfortunately I think this is where the sentiment comes into it. When you allow a particular sport/past time to be allowed for one, everyone else then starts comparing and stamps their feet on why their hobby should be allowed which can then lead to unrest.
The hope is that these national lockdowns should be bringing a togetherness and a "we're all in it together" mentality to hopefully get us out of this mess.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Can see the nursery logic

For one enables people to work from home easier or if they have to go work

Also nursery for example my daughter's is a bubble of 30 kids. That's it

A school round here would be year group bubbles of 60 with years 1-6 so that's a lot of bubbles and kids

A one group bubble of 30 is so much smaller and less risk

Plus not all childcare is nursery. My mates wife runs childcare only has about 4 kids full time .. so that's a 4 kid bubble

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
Agree, but we have been here before, and the same questions were raised.
You (or they) have to draw the line somewhere. If golf was allowed, what about other recreational activities such as fishing, tennis, etc etc. Easier to be clear and just stop all such activities (although I do believe elite sport should also stop given the idiots in the Premier League who are flaunting rules every few weeks it seems).
I get that. It just seems a bit lazy of the government to effectively categorize all sport as one. It would be like saying that all roads should just be a 30mph speed limit because otherwise people will get confused.

As for elite sport... It's a tough one. I'm not sure it should be going ahead, and some footballers really haven't helped things in the last couple of weeks... From a selfish point of view though, at least I have something to watch :ROFLMAO:

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Well we managed over two months in March , we managed 4 weeks in November - I’m sure we can manage 6 weeks during the worst weather months , just think about how well the course will be when they reopen ?

I can finish the decorating I started last lockdown, but stopped as soon as the course was back open