No golf again!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Here we go again!
National Lockdown in England.
No golf from Wednesday.
Think you will find it is effective immediately
Well it wouldn't be a Boris briefing without a healthy dose of confusion would it? As usual it was clear as mud whether we can play tomorrow or not. He said restrictions come in tomorrow but don't become law until Wednesday. So tomorrow do what you like basically? Hard to tell. I have a booking tomorrow so I'm just going to wait and see if the club lets me play or not.

Mandofred

Visit site
Good timing in a way.....the next couple weeks are probably just more yucky weather and the courses are a mess. Back to the computer games and.....banjo.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Looks like I picked the wrong year to take out a full membership subscription for the first time. ??‍♂️

Yep, same here. No golf in November, couple of rounds in December due to wet/snow, and now nowt until who knows when.

Will be interesting to see if the club do anything in terms of extending the membership beyond 12 months etc. Otherwise, that’s £400 down the swanny for me.

Saying that, agree that full lockdown is the right thing to do.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yep, same here. No golf in November, couple of rounds in December due to wet/snow, and now nowt until who knows when.

Will be interesting to see if the club do anything in terms of extending the membership beyond 12 months etc. Otherwise, that’s £400 down the swanny for me.

Saying that, agree that full lockdown is the right thing to do.
No chance in me getting anything back - we're already on a cheaper pro-rata deal for Jan til May which is their renewal date.

I'll just book a week off when lockdown ends and play every day to make my money's worth back. :ROFLMAO:

fenwayrich

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Not worried given the weather and the circumstances. However, it's a bit ironic that my golf club leases a quarter of the council owned park where I'll do my exercise. And as it will be the least populated bit, that's where I shall walk. Without my clubs of course.

sunshine

Visit site
Well we managed over two months in March , we managed 4 weeks in November - I’m sure we can manage 6 weeks during the worst weather months , just think about how well the course will be when they reopen ?

I know you’re trying to look on the bright side, but... It will be more than six weeks, and the course will still be a bog in March :cry:

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
If it means coppers can catch those who are out and about for no reason. It's a good thing. Lets hopefully grab this by the plums, so we can have a semi normal spring.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well it wouldn't be a Boris briefing without a healthy dose of confusion would it? As usual it was clear as mud whether we can play tomorrow or not. He said restrictions come in tomorrow but don't become law until Wednesday. So tomorrow do what you like basically? Hard to tell. I have a booking tomorrow so I'm just going to wait and see if the club lets me play or not.

The document is out on gov.uk already

From midnight tonight

Will become law on Wednesday

My course already announced their closed

Bassfisher

Visit site
Personally, I think it’s right that more or less everything shuts down. The messaging needs to be clear: stay at home. Once we get into stay at home except for x, y, z it seems the population at large starts to take the mickey.
Absolutely agree! So many people have a good reason to be an exception!

Bassfisher

Visit site
I believe he said it will be law from wed, but asked the people to start right now!