No golf again!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Back to the net then. Not surprised and in the scheme of things is hitting a ball in a big field necessary? I get the mental well being bit but my course is a 15-20 minute drive and is that essential?

Mike79

Visit site
...Can anyone recommend a driving net and mat? Was just getting back into it and don’t want to lose the momentum

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
Weird that Scotland have said it is ok...

It is what it is, but it is going to be so frustrating to see loads of people on walks around courses, whilst we're not allowed to play golf on them.

D

Deleted member 18588

Back to the net then. Not surprised and in the scheme of things is hitting a ball in a big field necessary? I get the mental well being bit but my course is a 15-20 minute drive and is that essential?
Certainly no less essential than garden centres.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Weird that Scotland have said it is ok...

It is what it is, but it is going to be so frustrating to see loads of people on walks around courses, whilst we're not allowed to play golf on them.

Indeed. Aren't Scotland also back into a full lockdown but courses open. I wonder if the EGU will make a stronger lobby this time. I am working on the premise that it's no golf until I hear otherwise. Set the bar low

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have a portable Forbes net .. very pleased with it. Good luck to you all, and fingers crossed we get to a summer season

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Bugger, was just hitting a bit of form as well!

Frustrating given golf is one of the most socially distanced activities you can do, its essentially a one way walk! Having said that, I can completely understand why and I could never really justify my 15 minute drive to the club as essential.

One last push hopefully!

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Exactly. Add in the wet and muddy condition of my course then it's perhaps a blessing in disguise. Give the course a chance to rest and hopefully if the lockdown is only until mid-February we'll reap the benefit when it reopens.

Realistically, there’s no way the wider lockdown is only until mid-Feb. But you never know, golf might be allowed again as one of the first things which will start to be allowed from then.