Nike????

paulwoody

Visit site
Just a quickie,

Ive noticed (from your clubs list in your signatures) that nearly all of you seem to stay clear of Nike clubs. Is there any reason for this?

Its just that from a newbi's point of view. You would think that, with the advertising and the players they sponsor. That more of you would be using them? :D

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
To me, most of the Nike gear is just too "in yer face". The yellow/black colour schemes, the association with you know who and the fact that the drivers produce the single loudest noise recorded on Earth!

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
To me, most of the Nike gear is just too "in yer face". The yellow/black colour schemes, the association with you know who and the fact that the drivers produce the single loudest noise recorded on Earth!

That, allied to the fact that we are not gay
;)

DCB

Visit site
One of the worlds's top players once inferred that they were "inferior equipment". They've still got a long way to go to be up there with the rest of them imo.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I have a Nike driver. Love it.

There are a couple of guys on here who play Nike. Sammeebee for one. He seems to play well enough with them.

If I was changing (which I am not), I would definately have a look at Nike.

I also like the clothes.

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
I like most of the clubs they make and love the driver I have. never really tried their balls and find the clothing too flashy. Would certainly try them if I were to consider changing sticks.

Think most people just don't associate Nike with making quality golf gear.

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hello, can I come out the closet too??

I've got the VR 3wood and love it. Anyone going on past reputation or certain brand associations may be missing a trick.

Try anything and everything and if it works the best for you, then put one in the bag.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
It could be the all-in-one branding issue, after all you look for Titleist shoes or Footjoy clubs.
I just never associated Nike with golf (despite you-know-who), just with badly fitting trainers. I don't recall seeing the irons in AG or DG and certainly not in my pro shop.

B

birdieman

I currently have a set of cast CCI irons in the bag. Got them nice and cheap. I'm happy enough with them. Easier to hit than my MP32's which I reluctantly let go.
The old Ignite drivers were the business, the Nike Fujikura shafts seemed to suit my swing speed, longest driver I've owned.

slugger

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Nike One balls are very good and if they were a bit cheaper then they'd be in my bag.

Other than that, i wear Nike Golf shoes and shirts, and that's about it.

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have a nike 3 wood and have had for 2 years now, great club. I am currently using a Nike machspeed demo driver, and got a voodoo shaft in it, very good, so good I would buy it, but I am seeing how long I can go with just borrowing it! :)

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have one Nike club. A 3 wood which I bought to see if square is any good. I wrote a review on it.
The jury is still out. Not as long or a sweet as my TM R5 dual ti, but straighter, yes.

iwtuk

Assistant Pro
Visit site
One of the worlds's top players once inferred that they were "inferior equipment". They've still got a long way to go to be up there with the rest of them imo.

Makes you wonder how good TW would be if he used "proper" clubs! :D

Swinger

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have brought a Nike driver and considered buying the VR blades. (Probably not up to my mizzies or the titleist blades out atm but a good set, most common set of blades up my place by far). Not something I would have thought about 2 or 3 years ago. Last couple of drivers have been top clubs and thinking of getting a fairway wood to replace my old Titleist PT 3 wood and I haven't found much over the years that have got me thinking that.

I think they are up with the rest now and the gear is definatly worth considering. Unless it was a set of Slingshots you were after, then perhaps no. I'd suggest a set off bid up tv if this is the case.

just my take on things though.

SammmeBee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have a Nike driver. Love it.

There are a couple of guys on here who play Nike. Sammeebee for one. He seems to play well enough with them.

If I was changing (which I am not), I would definately have a look at Nike.

I also like the clothes.

It's all about the Callaway irons these days I'm afraid.....