Nike Vapor Fly Range: Discussion

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Love nike balls. Hate their clubs.

My ex girlfriend works in America in the athletics department and she said that nike make a significant loss on hardware but it keeps nike on the golf radar and they then make an absolute killing on golf wear and shoes

Which may suggest the club's are really good value? Or the shoes are hideously over priced. Or both

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Interesting that Rick Shiels tended to hit the game improvement version of the irons left, but the tour version pretty straight. That confirms my suspicion that mass market, offset GI irons are aimed at golfers who slice. I tend to draw the ball, and really struggle with a hook if I use such clubs. Also find offset clubs difficult to aim! Are there any GI clubs for golfers who suffer from a hook? Or are we too much of a minority? :mmm:

Last edited:

tsped83

Tour Winner
Visit site
Interesting that Rick Shiels tended to hit the game improvement version of the irons left, but the tour version pretty straight. That confirms my suspicion that mass market, offset GI irons are aimed at golfers who slice. I tend to draw the ball, and really struggle with a hook if I use such clubs. Also find offset clubs difficult to aim! Are there any GI clubs for golfers who suffer from a hook? :mmm:

You use offset irons?

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Interesting that Rick Shiels tended to hit the game improvement version of the irons left, but the tour version pretty straight. That confirms my suspicion that mass market, offset GI irons are aimed at golfers who slice. I tend to draw the ball, and really struggle with a hook if I use such clubs. Also find offset clubs difficult to aim! Are there any GI clubs for golfers who suffer from a hook?

Well yes but that is down to many factors, the ofset of the club not really being one of them. Yes a bigger ofset can help to counter a slice a bit, but I'd argue the fact they are basically easier to get the ball in the air with is the main selling point.

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Well yes but that is down to many factors, the ofset of the club not really being one of them. Yes a bigger ofset can help to counter a slice a bit, but I'd argue the fact they are basically easier to get the ball in the air with is the main selling point.

Yes, but if you want non-offset clubs, you are almost forced to buy blade type irons, which are less forgiving and often more expensive. :(

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I do, but they are less offset than most. My bad shot is still a hook!

P.S. My other really bad shot is a shank. Having a chunky offset hosel does not exactly inspire confidence in that respect! One of the reasons I prefer hybrids to long irons. :)

Last edited:

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
The new drivers looks horrendous, as do the irons. Dont even get me started on the football boots with golf studs on the bottom. Awful.

Crawfy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
My irons and woods are Nike and I love them - on my 3rd set of both, but the blue is too much for me.

Think the RZN in the irons make them look too plasticy

Nothing beats shineys

SugarPenguin

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Eugh the pro driver and FLex are growing on me. I dont hate them anymore and they look sturdy. Still hate like the irons though which is usually their strong suit.

D

Deleted member 18121

I've had all manor of Nike stuff:

I started off with the red covert hybrids - amazing high launch and straight as anything
Red covert driver - same as the hybrids, loved it. But in both cases as I got better the regular shafts couldn't cope and I wish now I'd just found a stiff shaft for them rather than messing around with other brands.
I then had Nike Vr Pro combo irons - they really were the nuts, I just wasn't good enough to hit them consistently.
I then had a Nike covert 3 wood - awful club, hated it with a passion.

I've now got the vapor 3 hybrid and driver - the hybrid is just perfect I can do so much with it, its my 2nd favourite club in my bag behind the driver.

The Vapor driver is the only driver I've ever had where I can swing absolutely balls out and it'll do what I want. I can fade it, draw it and it is 100% the best club in my bag.

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I guess that if you buy these clubs with their garish colours and huge Nike swoosh, you are going to have to put up with a fair amount of ribbing from your mates! :)

SugarPenguin

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Just seen the reviews from Rick Shiels.
Dam he hits the Pro version seriously far! They look a lot more of a sturdy build than my current Vapor Pro.
Still not sure on the flex. It just under performs ........... again. Looks pretty tidy though, its proper grown on me.