Nike Pro combo

LUFC 1972

Head Pro
Visit site
Anybody out there use these, just bought a set of ebay, bit of an impulse buy !

My thought was I currently use Nike VR pro cavity which I like but the shorter irons don't allow me much chance to shape the ball so replace the 8,9,PW with pro combo's which are blade and to add the pro combo 3,4 iron to the bag as I don't use hybrids..

Any thoughts or comments appreciated.

Just have this nagging felling that the pro combo might be to advanced for a 14 h'capper !

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Great clubs!

I'm a combo fan - with blades to 7-iron.

Benefits of both designs without he 'downsides' imo.

If they are a couple of (or more) years old they will also be the '3-way' split too - later ones only split 2-way.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I used pro combos from the minute I started to take golf seriously. Took me from 18 down to 9 handicap. Still own two sets of them I liked them that much!

DannyOT

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I use them after switching from some chunkier game improvement irons. I much prefer the feel of them and also seem to be able to generate more spin too.

The 4 iron is so easy to hit, I wish they did a 2/3 iron.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
The 2014 Nike Pro Combo (the one with the DG Pro shaft) does not have blade short irons, but shallow partial cavity short irons, like MP64s or similar. Previous pro combo sets had the blade short irons.

In any case, I am not sure why you want to have short irons you can shape. Isn't that just making life more difficult. The pros don't shape their short irons much, Bubba excepted.

Nice clubs, though.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
+1 on them being nice clubs. I had a set for a year and liked them although I never felt the shaft was quite right for me.

I also agree with the shaping, and why you would want/need to.
Having said that though, I see plenty of people shaping short irons playing with shovels every weekend, admittedly not intentionally.

Andy808

Tour Winner
Visit site
Tried them a couple of years ago at a demo day and have drooled over them ever since.
One day I'll get a set fitted and I'll be one very very happy camper!

drewster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
They look beautiful . The traditionalist who bash Nike as "basketball clubs" will never admit it though. I'm not sure that as a 13 handicapper I'm good enough to own a set but having seen them in the flesh i wish i was. AS mentioned the Vapor version look supreme too.

Retread61

Assistant Pro
www.nutriment.co
Or if you want to get REALLY funky get yourself to a Srixon dealer for a mixed set of the new Z series. They are DIRTY gorgeous! I think I need to sit down I'm coming over all funny.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Anybody out there use these, just bought a set of ebay, bit of an impulse buy !

My thought was I currently use Nike VR pro cavity which I like but the shorter irons don't allow me much chance to shape the ball so replace the 8,9,PW with pro combo's which are blade and to add the pro combo 3,4 iron to the bag as I don't use hybrids..

Any thoughts or comments appreciated.

Just have this nagging felling that the pro combo might be to advanced for a 14 h'capper !

As a 14 capper....

A) why do you feel the need to be able to shape the ball on lower irons?
B) is it actually going to improve your scores?

That's not a pop by any means but the more loft the harder it is to work the ball, couple that with the fact that over shaping results in bigger misses....... The aim could actually be worse for your score card