NHS Parking

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Was waiting for further updates before coming back on this. After I simmered down a little, I wrote a very polite email to the Chief Exec of the hospital, copied to our local MP. Immediately received an out of office from the chief exec as he is on vacation, but within a an hour or 2 hour had a response from the deputy chief exec promising to deal with it. Yesterday I received a call from the manager in charge of parking at the hospital, who had quite a long chat with me, it turns out that the monthly fee the staff pay for parking, is not for parking, as that would require a space to be available. It is actually a fee to bring their car on site, with no guarantee to park.

During the chat he explained some of the complexities they have at the hospital, it seems that a staff badge parked in a visitor bay is an absolute no, an instant ticket, even if I or any other non member of staff were the driver. He admitted that this was less than ideal, but under the current system, was how it is. We debated this a little during which he gave me some info on the why's and wherefores, and future plans etc. e.g. the changes they need to try and make to reduce the number of cars that come on site by 25%. He was very nice, very polite and straightforward, and at the end he asked me to provide the ticket details so that he could try and get it cancelled.

The general parking problem is not going away any time soon, future plans may help, but it seems that having a staff badge on both cars could be a problem and is still going to make for some potential issues going forward.

Now waiting to see how he does with the ticket.

D

Deleted member 16999

Was waiting for further updates before coming back on this. After I simmered down a little, I wrote a very polite email to the Chief Exec of the hospital, copied to our local MP. Immediately received an out of office from the chief exec as he is on vacation, but within a an hour or 2 hour had a response from the deputy chief exec promising to deal with it. Yesterday I received a call from the manager in charge of parking at the hospital, who had quite a long chat with me, it turns out that the monthly fee the staff pay for parking, is not for parking, as that would require a space to be available. It is actually a fee to bring their car on site, with no guarantee to park.

During the chat he explained some of the complexities they have at the hospital, it seems that a staff badge parked in a visitor bay is an absolute no, an instant ticket, even if I or any other non member of staff were the driver. He admitted that this was less than ideal, but under the current system, was how it is. We debated this a little during which he gave me some info on the why's and wherefores, and future plans etc. e.g. the changes they need to try and make to reduce the number of cars that come on site by 25%. He was very nice, very polite and straightforward, and at the end he asked me to provide the ticket details so that he could try and get it cancelled.

The general parking problem is not going away any time soon, future plans may help, but it seems that having a staff badge on both cars could be a problem and is still going to make for some potential issues going forward.

Now waiting to see how he does with the ticket.
Is he saying Staff Parking is free then and the permit only allows Staff to bring their car on to hospital property? :confused:

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
That’s how’s understood it. He didn’t say parking was free, but he did say it was a payment to bring the car onto the hospital grounds. Hence staff are forbidden from parking in visitor bays.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
NMW, firstly if your Missis is in the same position again. take the badge off the window and get the 30 mins free parking. 😉. She is then just a member of public.
Secondly, nice you have had a natter, and he is saying he is trying to get it overturned, but if not let the chief exec know of the outcome, whichever way it's goes.