NFL 2024

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I can never get upset losing to a Raheem Morris team. He really is the nicest person you could ever want to meet. I did a lot of work with him in 2011 when the Bucs were in London and he was our head coach. Then he went out of his way to sing my praises in his column for the game programme. Still owe him the cash for that.

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Agree with most points. I've watched some of the All-22 against the Titans and Tyreek was wide open on 4 separate occasions that all should have been touchdowns but Huntley didn't even see him once and made 3 terrible throws for the others. Tua hits at least 2 of those throws if not all of them.

I thought McD called a shocker at real time but when you watch the All-22 the plays were there, the team just didn't execute. Rob Jones is the worst guard in the NFL, he wouldn't even make some teams yet the Dolphins have him as a starter, he is literally killing plays all by himself. Eichenberg isn't much better, he's too busy going off to double team with Brewer that he's leaving free runners. The OL is a complete shambles, it can't pass block or run block. The TE's are terrible, again they keep blowing assignments and missing blocks. Julian Hill has more penalties than positive plays this year.

I think there has been 1 Super Bowl winner this century who have had an OL ranked worse than 20th, the Dolphins have had maybe 3 lines this century ranked higher than that. Grier has to go because he has spent a lot of resources on the OL and it's still terrible, the one guy he did hit on he let walk (he ain't worth $20M a season) but he really should have gave that $13M a season to Hunt last year instead of Jackson who seems to have regressed to being crap again.

This sums up the Dolphins OL this season, 4 guys blocking 1 DT while the other 3 get their butts kicked and allow a safety in around 2 seconds flat.

FrOW3Mr.jpg
God, that's so bad but I'm not surprised - as you said, we are probably the worse OL in the league. T & C, we are ok - G's are the worse.
Interesting that Grier & McD stress about having speed there but neither starting G have quick feet.

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
More thoughts on a potential Devontae Adams trade - the two teams that would make sense are the Chiefs and Bills. KC have lost two receivers already and are pushing for an unprecedented threepeat. Buffalo are in the window of opportunity. Adams would cost $13M against this year's cap in pro-rated salary and would be regarded as a one-year rental as he would be cut in the off-season getting that team off the hook for the two remaining years of the contract which are non-guaranteed. The Raiders wanted a 2nd round pick, the Bills have two of them in the 2025 draft.
Would be interesting to see if the Bills get rid of one diva WR to then pick up another one

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The two NFL franchises who want a Super Bowl perhaps deserve a Super Bowl more than any others are the Bills and Vikings. At least Buffalo have been there in the 90s. A friend of mine is an uber-Vikings fan and flies over to Minnesota to see them 5-6 times a season (yes he's single). He doesn't care if they get hammered in the game, he just wants to go to one. The window of opportunity for this Buffalo team is right there with peak Josh Allen. Hence they could ignore common sense for going all in with a King and a 6 in 21 and twisting another card.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Just be very grateful that I don't do in-stadium commentary for those any more. Imagine spending all that money and having to listen to me call the game
o_Oo_O:ROFLMAO:

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
could be worse... you could have to listen to my mate explain the rules badly on every play...
He sounds like the sort of person who used to e-mail us at Sky and ask questions like "how do they get the yellow first down marker on the field so quickly". Nick Halling and I were threatened with the sack if we ever said what we wanted "they run across and paint it really quickly with special paint after every play"

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
great day at White Hart Lane, Vikings should have won comfortably but seemed to take their foot off the gas in the 3rd, and decided to let the jets back in no reason!

not sure I've ever been to game where the QBs have been caught as much, I think it was 7 sacks overall. absolute madness.

and to top it off, a brilliant win for the Commanders taking us to 4-1 for the season. Daniels could really be something special, but we do have a habit of breaking QBs!

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The Pats had a late touchdown overturned. Correct call and the NE head coach confirmed it was correct at his post-game press conference.
Can you imagine if it had been in the Premier League? "It was a stonewall touchdown". "Replay should be scrapped". "We were robbed by the officials". And of course the thread on here would have gone mental. Reason No.94 why the NFL is better than the Premier League.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
The Pats had a late touchdown overturned. Correct call and the NE head coach confirmed it was correct at his post-game press conference.
Can you imagine if it had been in the Premier League? "It was a stonewall touchdown". "Replay should be scrapped". "We were robbed by the officials". And of course the thread on here would have gone mental. Reason No.94 why the NFL is better than the Premier League.
Didnt Chase recently get a significant fine for abusing a referee 🤔

Players being kicked out for pushing Refs

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Yawns - Akiem Hicks was in 2018. TCU is college football not the NFL. School report - must try harder (or stay out of big boy subjects)

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Errr, no.