NFL 2024

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
32-year old prima donna receiver who is going downhill faster than Franz Klammer. The Raiders would take a $40M cap hit in trading him. His contract runs two more years at $35M base salary per year.

OK so he's going to be a Jet.

There was some posts about the Bucs being interested. Not a chance. We have two good veteran receivers already in Evans and Godwin, decent young back-ups and no cap room for a deal like that. Some NFL writers just do it for click bait. Some of us see through it.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
32-year old prima donna receiver who is going downhill faster than Franz Klammer. The Raiders would take a $40M cap hit in trading him. His contract runs two more years at $35M base salary per year.

OK so he's going to be a Jet.

There was some posts about the Bucs being interested. Not a chance. We have two good veteran receivers already in Evans and Godwin, decent young back-ups and no cap room for a deal like that. Some NFL writers just do it for click bait. Some of us see through it.

Seems to be the favourite trade.
We get Reddick ?
Don't know much about him.
Falcons trade involving Penix would be interesting 🤔

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Reddick is tainted goods now - holding out in a crazy situation - wants a massive long-term deal with guaranteed money. Not a chance.
And no way in the world any team gives up a 1st round pick rookie QB a month into the season. That one can be filed under total clickbait.

Springveldt

Visit site
Seems to be the favourite trade.
We get Reddick ?
Don't know much about him.
Falcons trade involving Penix would be interesting 🤔
Why would the Falcons do that? Penix is the future (even if he's old for a rookie) Kirk only has one leg and he's only got guaranteed money for this season and next. Then they are on to Penix.

I love that they drafted a QB and are giving him time to learn behind a very good veteran, teams have stopped doing that and I think that's why so many are flaming out.

Springveldt

Visit site
We don't have any leaders on the offense - Hill & Waddle are non-existent (& Hill is showing his true colours as well - supposed to be a team leader/captain and he is nothing like that).
McD continues to call a terrible game plan but I have some hope for him if he relinquishes the play calling.
Grier can go - the rebuild could have been epic but he has bungled it spectacularly. All of those picks & cap space and we are no better than 2019. As you said previously, a lot of money for expensive veterans and has let too many good players go. Wilkins, Hunt, Van Ginkel come to mind, although I agree with not overpaying for Wilkins & Hunt - unfortunately, you can't replace Hunt with Eichenberg. Brewer hasn't been a bad replacement but I would have tried to smooth things over with Williams but they didn't.
Over $400M's worth of players injured & not playing this weekend.
Crossman can go with him - he should have been fired 2 years ago but has managed to hold onto his job. He must have some dodgy pics of the owner, the GM & the HC

Agree with most points. I've watched some of the All-22 against the Titans and Tyreek was wide open on 4 separate occasions that all should have been touchdowns but Huntley didn't even see him once and made 3 terrible throws for the others. Tua hits at least 2 of those throws if not all of them.

I thought McD called a shocker at real time but when you watch the All-22 the plays were there, the team just didn't execute. Rob Jones is the worst guard in the NFL, he wouldn't even make some teams yet the Dolphins have him as a starter, he is literally killing plays all by himself. Eichenberg isn't much better, he's too busy going off to double team with Brewer that he's leaving free runners. The OL is a complete shambles, it can't pass block or run block. The TE's are terrible, again they keep blowing assignments and missing blocks. Julian Hill has more penalties than positive plays this year.

I think there has been 1 Super Bowl winner this century who have had an OL ranked worse than 20th, the Dolphins have had maybe 3 lines this century ranked higher than that. Grier has to go because he has spent a lot of resources on the OL and it's still terrible, the one guy he did hit on he let walk (he ain't worth $20M a season) but he really should have gave that $13M a season to Hunt last year instead of Jackson who seems to have regressed to being crap again.

This sums up the Dolphins OL this season, 4 guys blocking 1 DT while the other 3 get their butts kicked and allow a safety in around 2 seconds flat.

FrOW3Mr.jpg

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Did I mention how much I hate Thursday night games? Just set my alarm for 1am for tonight's game in Atlanta. No way I am doing pre-game or post-game radio or TV for this one. And we have two damn Monday Night games coming up against the Ravens and Taylorswifts.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
More thoughts on a potential Devontae Adams trade - the two teams that would make sense are the Chiefs and Bills. KC have lost two receivers already and are pushing for an unprecedented threepeat. Buffalo are in the window of opportunity. Adams would cost $13M against this year's cap in pro-rated salary and would be regarded as a one-year rental as he would be cut in the off-season getting that team off the hook for the two remaining years of the contract which are non-guaranteed. The Raiders wanted a 2nd round pick, the Bills have two of them in the 2025 draft.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Why would the Falcons do that? Penix is the future (even if he's old for a rookie) Kirk only has one leg and he's only got guaranteed money for this season and next. Then they are on to Penix.

I love that they drafted a QB and are giving him time to learn behind a very good veteran, teams have stopped doing that and I think that's why so many are flaming out.
It was suggested by the chat sport teams.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
More thoughts on a potential Devontae Adams trade - the two teams that would make sense are the Chiefs and Bills. KC have lost two receivers already and are pushing for an unprecedented threepeat. Buffalo are in the window of opportunity. Adams would cost $13M against this year's cap in pro-rated salary and would be regarded as a one-year rental as he would be cut in the off-season getting that team off the hook for the two remaining years of the contract which are non-guaranteed. The Raiders wanted a 2nd round pick, the Bills have two of them in the 2025 draft.
Raiders what never trade to the Chiefs, still have to play them twice.

ESPN seen to be going all in on Dallas.
Who is Stephen A btw
Strikes me as being a complete tool.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Raiders what never trade to the Chiefs, still have to play them twice.

ESPN seen to be going all in on Dallas.
Who is Stephen A btw
Strikes me as being a complete tool.

Not trading with a division rival is so over-rated. The Raiders and Chiefs are not even on the same planet in terms of ability and intentions so it would make no difference.

Stephen "A is for a-hole" Smith is just an appalling talking head who believes his own hype. He is also plays the race card whenever it suits him. "The only thing I like about hockey is that the puck is black" was one of his comments this year. Imagine a white commentator like Scott van Pelt or Karl Ravech saying the only thing he likes about basketball is that the lines are white - same standards? But ESPN are moving down the path of employing loud mouth talking heads like him and Pat McAfee and it is to their detriment.

Springveldt

Visit site
For the neutrals, Bucs v Falcons from Thursday night is one to watch on the YouTube highlights
Watched them when I got up, looked like a cracking game which is unusual for Thursday night games. Also looked like the Bucs threw the game away.

Atlanta are starting to look like what I thought they would, all they needed last season was decent QB play to be dangerous.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Bucs did give it away - Irving's fumble when trying to run the clock out, the penalty taking them out of fieldgoal range, all the defensive backfield injuries. But that is the NFL.
It was good to hear the best play-by-play man in history call the game. There is no-one like Al Michaels. And Kirk Heibstreit has made a good transition from college analyst to an NFL colour role.