NFL 2024

Springveldt

Visit site
Hate NFL football even more this morning than I did last Monday morning which I thought would be impossible.

It's like Miami pulled 11 guys out of the crowd, stuck a helmet on them and said "Go play" on offense. It's blowing my mind just how bad they are and their inability to function. I'm not even expecting a mistake free drive anymore, every single play I'm wondering if there is going to be an illegal motion, a false start, a hold, a botched snap, a receiver running the wrong route or a lineman or two completely blowing their assignment and letting through a free rusher. It's comical how badly coached they are.

I've no idea how Danny Crossman (special teams coach) still has a job. After 3 illegal formations last week this week we had a LB inexplicably try to recover a muffed punt with 4 Titans around him and was only saved by the fact a Titan's kicking team member touched the ball 1 millisecond before him and then they thought they had recovered a restart after a safety without realising they had completely kicked the ball through the landing zone. It's like they don't even know the rules.

Now it's come out that Tua has already passed the concussion protocols but since the geniuses put him on IR he still has to miss the next 2 games. Now doubt they did it only because of the optics of his concussion.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Hate NFL football even more this morning than I did last Monday morning which I thought would be impossible.

It's like Miami pulled 11 guys out of the crowd, stuck a helmet on them and said "Go play" on offense. It's blowing my mind just how bad they are and their inability to function. I'm not even expecting a mistake free drive anymore, every single play I'm wondering if there is going to be an illegal motion, a false start, a hold, a botched snap, a receiver running the wrong route or a lineman or two completely blowing their assignment and letting through a free rusher. It's comical how badly coached they are.

I've no idea how Danny Crossman (special teams coach) still has a job. After 3 illegal formations last week this week we had a LB inexplicably try to recover a muffed punt with 4 Titans around him and was only saved by the fact a Titan's kicking team member touched the ball 1 millisecond before him and then they thought they had recovered a restart after a safety without realising they had completely kicked the ball through the landing zone. It's like they don't even know the rules.

Now it's come out that Tua has already passed the concussion protocols but since the geniuses put him on IR he still has to miss the next 2 games. Now doubt they did it only because of the optics of his concussion.
Sounds like me playing the old Madden games

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Is it the one that a certain Thomas Brady didn't play for 😜😂😁😁

Brady was back in Tampa last weekend with FOX Sports. He was a strange character during his time in Tampa - friendly but very aloof. I had a chance to have some dealings with him after the Bucs beat Atlanta in 2022. He was not the incredible superstar in his three years with the Bucs. He played a little above average in the Super Bowl year but did not deserve to be named SB MVP. He was average in 21 and a liability in 22 just dumping every pass off to avoid taking hits. But he had earned the right to do it over his career I guess. He's not even the best QB to wear 12 for the Bucs in spite of some of the mis-guided idiots in Tampa with short-term memories think.

On the Tua situation, this concussion had to be taken more seriously because of all the other previous ones. Putting all team interests or dis-interests aside and speaking as a neutral journalist, I would be really concerned about his future in the game. Which does not bode well for the short and long-term future of the Dolphins. I have dealt with many former Buccaneer players who have concussion and serious injury issues affecting their post-football life and it is upsetting as well as disturbing.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
On a baseball track, Pete Rose died overnight at the age of 83. He is the all-time hits leader with 4,256 and was an incredible on-field player for 20 years. He was also a habitual gambler and appalling individual who was banned from the game for life for betting on his own team's games when playing and managing. He should never have been allowed back into any major league stadium and should never be elected posthumously to the Hall of Fame. Still, if they ever make Field of Dreams 2, "If you build it, Pete Rose will come and bet on it". RIP but his legacy will remain completely tarnished by his own actions.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
On a baseball track, Pete Rose died overnight at the age of 83. He is the all-time hits leader with 4,256 and was an incredible on-field player for 20 years. He was also a habitual gambler and appalling individual who was banned from the game for life for betting on his own team's games when playing and managing. He should never have been allowed back into any major league stadium and should never be elected posthumously to the Hall of Fame. Still, if they ever make Field of Dreams 2, "If you build it, Pete Rose will come and bet on it". RIP but his legacy will remain completely tarnished by his own actions.
I'm getting mixed messages. What do you think of him

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
On the field, great player, one of the all-time best. Off the field, one of the worst ever. The rules of baseball are clear - gamble on games and you are banned for life.
Read a piece about him this morning, came across as the all American hero. Unfortunately gambling cost him The hall of fame immortality . But I have a feeling one day he may be forgiven and his playing record will outweigh his rammel side. Watch this space.