NFL 2020

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
A win is a win but that was ugly.

8 and 3 means we’re top of the NFC West with 3 “simpler” games coming up against teams with losing records thus far in the giants, jets and football team. Not sure we will take all 3 with the D we have. Still. Playoffs look very likely and we might even win the division.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
A win is a win but that was ugly.

8 and 3 means we’re top of the NFC West with 3 “simpler” games coming up against teams with losing records thus far in the giants, jets and football team. Not sure we will take all 3 with the D we have. Still. Playoffs look very likely and we might even win the division.

Just watched that game and my god the Eagles were bad offensively. I would almost be morbidly fascinated to see Wentz and the Eagles take on Trubisky/Foles and the Bears just to see if anyone could score. For the Seahawks, the NFC West is there for the taking with three of the games you have left.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Just looking at the NFL tables. The NFC East is a right dumpster fire. One of these teams is going through to the playoffs!

And will have a home game in the playoffs. Rules is rules. I mean, if we didn't have rules where would be? (Pub landlord voice "France")

gregbwfc

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Problem is mate, whoever's wins probably loses straight away - and then is picking late in the draft.
Know most Eagles fans are hoping they lose out (not sure there is a choice not to ?), but if they end up with pick 4 or 5 say, Roseman would probably take a punter ?.
Been a bad year or 2 for the east

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Problem is mate, whoever's wins probably loses straight away - and then is picking late in the draft.
Know most Eagles fans are hoping they lose out (not sure there is a choice not to ?), but if they end up with pick 4 or 5 say, Roseman would probably take a punter ?.
Been a bad year or 2 for the east
Hah, yes. Perhaps the NFC East teams are fighting NOT to go through and that's why we see some of these stupid play calls!

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
So the Steelers are 11 and 0. Last 4 games are against the Bills, Bengals, Colts and Browns.

Talk now turns to a possible undefeated season.

Have they got it in them?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Saw a bit of the Norte Dame game last night. The QB for Norte Dame looked tasty. What’s the thoughts on him PS. One other thing the punt returner for the IRISH took a massive head shot When he fumbled a return.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
That Jets' play was just embarrassing. The Raiders have the ball at midfield with no time outs left. The only way they can win is to complete a 50-yard pass into the end zone. So the biggest a-hole ever to coach in the NFL, Gregg "Bountygate" Williams sends a six-man blitz but Carr over throws the receiver in the endzone who has gotten behind the secondary. Does Williams learn from this moronic call? No he instead sends seven on the next play keeping one in to track the running back. Leaving his three corners in man coverage and naturally the receiver gets deep again and catches the winning pass.

The Jets obviously got wind that Jacksonville were losing and thought desperate measures were needed to maintain their No.1 draft pick status. Employing Williams at the start of the season was one good way of doing that.

But in all the 40 years I have been covering the NFL, that was the worst defensive play call I have ever seen. He is getting slaughtered in the New York press and on social media today and quite rightly.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That Jets' play was just embarrassing. The Raiders have the ball at midfield with no time outs left. The only way they can win is to complete a 50-yard pass into the end zone. So the biggest a-hole ever to coach in the NFL, Gregg "Bountygate" Williams sends a six-man blitz but Carr over throws the receiver in the endzone who has gotten behind the secondary. Does Williams learn from this moronic call? No he instead sends seven on the next play keeping one in to track the running back. Leaving his three corners in man coverage and naturally the receiver gets deep again and catches the winning pass.

The Jets obviously got wind that Jacksonville were losing and thought desperate measures were needed to maintain their No.1 draft pick status. Employing Williams at the start of the season was one good way of doing that.

But in all the 40 years I have been covering the NFL, that was the worst defensive play call I have ever seen. He is getting slaughtered in the New York press and on social media today and quite rightly.

I thought it was a great call ;).
Reallistically the Raiders need to win all their games from now on in but I see them slipping up at somepoint.
Could be as early as next week vs Colts.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I was watching the Miami v Cincinnati game with a friend as we were on a bye week and was fairly impressed with the Dolphins. They are the Raiders' main threat for a wild card but have three very tough games remaining. They will never score more than 20 offensive points in a game but their defense and special teams are well above average.

And the punch-up in that game was pretty decent by NFL standards. The Bengals' gunner twice twatted the Miami punt returner early and naturally was shown the displeasure of the Dolphin players.