NFL 2020

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
No major surprises this weekend just gone although the Raiders did take the Chiefs all the way.

Wouldn’t mind the Bucaneers turning the Rams over to help give Seattle a little cushion at the top of the division.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The Chiefs v Raiders game is an absolute classic but not just for the actual score.

The audible from the field is outstanding and you will hear so many different calls from Derek Carr. Cris Collinsworth on the colour commentary does an amazing job explaining it all. I recognised my old friend Greg Olson's hand in those calls - he is the offensive co-ordinator of the Raiders and held the same position with the Bucs when I got to know him well.

There is just no-one to touch Al Michaels and Collinsworth as a crew. Romo is the best pure analyst but being with Jim Nantz lets him down. If you have GamePass then I seriously recommend watching this game even as a neutral.

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
The Chiefs v Raiders game is an absolute classic but not just for the actual score.

The audible from the field is outstanding and you will hear so many different calls from Derek Carr. Cris Collinsworth on the colour commentary does an amazing job explaining it all. I recognised my old friend Greg Olson's hand in those calls - he is the offensive co-ordinator of the Raiders and held the same position with the Bucs when I got to know him well.

There is just no-one to touch Al Michaels and Collinsworth as a crew. Romo is the best pure analyst but being with Jim Nantz lets him down. If you have GamePass then I seriously recommend watching this game even as a neutral.
I watched the Collinsworth “A Football Life” and it was very good. He has such a depth of knowledge. Playing for all long as he did and making 2 Super Bowls really makes him credible too.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I watched the Collinsworth “A Football Life” and it was very good. He has such a depth of knowledge. Playing for all long as he did and making 2 Super Bowls really makes him credible too.

He is just a really decent guy in person too. As I've put here before, I watched game film with him in 2008 before his first Sunday night broadcast with Michaels. I was doing some research work in a film room at One Buc Place and he came in. We got talking, realised we had a mutual friend in former C4 presenter and NFL kicker Mick Luckhurst, and it went from there. I was on the sideline pre-game on the Sunday night and he came over for another chat. All the Bucs PR people speak very highly of him. He has a real ability to diagnose something very complicated and put it out in a way that everyone can understand. And yes he played two Super Bowls with the Bengals losing both times to San Francisco.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Tom Brady really was crap last night. Jared Goff turned back into an all-pro thanks to the unique defensive strategy of playing soft zone coverage on every play. It was surprising it took a late fieldgoal for the Rams to win. The Bucs will make the playoffs as the seven NFC teams are pretty much set in stone already but this will be a one-and-done. The Chiefs are going to score 50 in Tampa next Sunday night and Captain Checkdown Brady will not do enough to make it close. Oh well, could be worse - we could still have Jameis at QB.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Tom Brady really was crap last night. Jared Goff turned back into an all-pro thanks to the unique defensive strategy of playing soft zone coverage on every play. It was surprising it took a late fieldgoal for the Rams to win. The Bucs will make the playoffs as the seven NFC teams are pretty much set in stone already but this will be a one-and-done. The Chiefs are going to score 50 in Tampa next Sunday night and Captain Checkdown Brady will not do enough to make it close. Oh well, could be worse - we could still have Jameis at QB.

Sharkie, who's gonna win this season? Chiefs again? Or Pittsburgh? Other? What's the word on the street?

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
If I was to power rank the teams right now, Pittsburgh and Kansas City are way ahead of everyone. I would take the Chiefs in the AFC title game - home field advantage is going to mean nothing.
Of the other AFC teams, Indianapolis are probably the best followed by Buffalo and Las Vegas. Baltimore are dropping off a cliff, Cleveland cannot play offense and Miami are not ready yet.
The Jets have the No.1 pick locked up and the reason they are keeping Adam Gase on as head coach is to ensure they get it.

The NFC is a real dogfight with every team having flaws. The Saints will really miss Drew Brees (don't buy into the Taysom Hill Kool-Aid), the Packers blow hot and cold, the Bucs blow hot, cold and then really cold. Seattle are in a mid-season slump but showed enough in the first half to make me think they will be in the NFC title game against the Saints or Packers. Arizona are not ready and the Rams too inconsistent. Everyone wants the 5 seed in the NFC so they can play the NFC East "champions".

Right now I cannot see past the Chiefs and Steelers but titles are not won by Thanksgiving - it is who starts playing well mid-late December and then into the post-season.

Big_G

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Nah, there was only ever one "Sea of Hands".
From the forum's Raider fan ! ;)
/cough more than one Raiders fan on the forum (y)

I think we can come out of the Chiefs game with a lot of positives, the team is progressing and showing it can compete with the top teams.

Most of the defense spent the week off on Covid protocol, and yet again we get to face the Chiefs after their bye week :unsure: Odds stacked against us

Would have been nothing worse than to sweep the Chiefs in the regular season, then lose to them in the playoffs

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Some promising signs from the football team from Washington tonight.

Although also beyond bizarre play calls from Dallas! Even we can't lose this from 17 ahead with 3 mins to go, surely?!

Marching to the top of the division with a truly magnificent 4-7 record! ?

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Some promising signs from the football team from Washington tonight.

Although also beyond bizarre play calls from Dallas! Even we can't lose this from 17 ahead with 3 mins to go, surely?!

Marching to the top of the division with a truly magnificent 4-7 record! ?

There was me thinking the final quarter will be a close one. Punt fake on 4th down in your own (Dallas) red zone - interesting. After that, Dallas left the building.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Troy Aikman normally spends the Thanksgiving game crawling up the Cowboys' backsides - even he didn't know where to go with some of those coaching decisions and play-calling. That fake punt reverse was probably the worst play I have seen since the first year kids tried to do Hamlet at secondary school.

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
There was me thinking the final quarter will be a close one. Punt fake on 4th down in your own (Dallas) red zone - interesting. After that, Dallas left the building.
Interesting? Or completely brainless?! just completely mad. Their continuous attempts to play on 4th down can go into that category too.

However the opposition are playing, you've got to sit back and enjoy 2 TDs within 7 seconds of game time! Happy days!

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Interesting? Or completely brainless?! just completely mad. Their continuous attempts to play on 4th down can go into that category too.

However the opposition are playing, you've got to sit back and enjoy 2 TDs within 7 seconds of game time! Happy days!

:cool:

Stupid, desperate, amateur, or whatever word you like. Big Jerry has likely told told coaches to "go for broke" in 4th Q in order "make the play offs" :ROFLMAO:. Lucky for Jerry that AT&T was largely empty to see that amateur hour. Lucking Fubbish.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
And this could be the point at which the NFL season falls over. Every Denver QB is either positive or in isolation from close contact - they have no QBs for today's game with the Saints. The 49ers cannot play any home games because of a Santa Clara county decision to ban all contact sports for 21 days. The Baltimore v Pittsburgh game has already been put back from last Thursday to Tuesday. A ton of college games were cancelled yesterday. It is all about to come to an end. :cautious::cry: