New swing vids.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
[video=youtube;odjP2spfiNU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odjP2spfiNU[/video]

be honest, was I the only one at this point screaming "Just HIT IT" it was 50 secs before the takeaway;)

yes I know its slo-mo before anyone points it out :rofl:

#justsayin

Cracking swing, you really generate some speed, whats your SS for irons/driver out of interest?

A

Alex1975

So fast that when I/we were playing our approach shots on a par 5 @Blackmore his drive came bouncing past us....:eek:

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
As others have said & i have admitted before i know very little about swing mechanics etc ,

just wondering i have a similar kind of set up (i think) but at my lesson the other nite the teacher wanted me to stand closer & taller , it just seemed to me you were reaching a bit , were you ever fitted for clubs ( that just me being nosey now , i cant add anything by knowing if you were or not :))
By all accounts you are a very good golfer so im not going to be of any use what so ever to you :(

A

Alex1975

As others have said & i have admitted before i know very little about swing mechanics etc ,

just wondering i have a similar kind of set up (i think) but at my lesson the other nite the teacher wanted me to stand closer & taller , it just seemed to me you were reaching a bit , were you ever fitted for clubs ( that just me being nosey now , i cant add anything by knowing if you were or not :))
By all accounts you are a very good golfer so im not going to be of any use what so ever to you :(

He has a one plane swing so needs at lease 30* spine angle, if you are a two plane swinger then you will stand taller and more upright.

timchump

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I think the posture looks.

My pro taught me you need to create a decent sized gap between you thighs and hands for the club to swing.
Which swinger definetely does.
A lot of amateurs have too much knee flex and dont' bend enough from the hips, which gives no room for the club to swing as it should

Last edited:

Swinger

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
be honest, was I the only one at this point screaming "Just HIT IT" it was 50 secs before the takeaway;)

yes I know its slo-mo before anyone points it out :rofl:

#justsayin

Cracking swing, you really generate some speed, whats your SS for irons/driver out of interest?

Many thanks Darth (for the comments and waiting for the vid!).
Haven't had much SS stats done. Last was with a 6 iron 3 years ago which on ave. was 98mph.

Will hopefully be getting my driver done soon. Only thing I had done with this was at a Nike demo day with a ball speed device, I was averaging about mid 180's and did get a few up into the low-mid 190's. Not sure how accurate it was though.

Swinger

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not tempted to do a cheeky hook and scare the <cough> out of the bloke walking on the range?!?! :D:p

Have done a bit of a 'thecraw' at times down there but only a warning shot or two if they start picking up my balls!

Disclaimer, I would love your swing: However just from a spotting point of view: Your club head gets quickly behind you, if you look at the 3rd video your club head is behind your body (knee) at the same time as its at knee hight. The risk is it gets stuck back there. I only really spotted it as my pro has me working on it night and day at the moment. As bob says, clearly your impact is so good you pull it all back.

Will be having a look at this in the vids and see what is going on. Thanks for having a look mate.

So fast that when I/we were playing our approach shots on a par 5 @Blackmore his drive came bouncing past us....:eek:

The day i was having that was the last thing I was expecting!

Clubs were fitted by Mizuno and then tweaked by myself since. 1/4 inch long with the clubs being set between 2 and 4 degrees upright and all one degree strong. Thats the basics of it anyway!

Swinger

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I would say so too because what you have is a GIFT :thup:. Pertly it's poetry in motion to watch and on the other hand there's so many wrongs it makes a right which is why I never gave you feedback last year when you asked. Your arm swing and upper body strength really are your engine, what happens through impact wouldn't be taught (looks like you have a flip-roll... you just put it all together rather like Jim Furyk, Luke Donald or Bubba Watson does. You just need to work on ways to control/limit your worse shots so they happen less, in my opinion. If I could pinpoint anything I think you just have difficulty staying balance especailly with your spinning left foot and just as a totally unrelated off the cuff comment.... it's awsome just how far away your hands are at impact than they were at address :p I've watch it 50 times now LOLOLOL

Many thanks for the comments James. I think the only real way to limit the bad shots for me is to practise and groove a smooth tempo. When things are going well then it can be very good but not playing much and lack of practise begin to make things quick and disjointed. This in turn should help any balance issues except the dancing foot!!
Just out of interest what does the hand position being so much different to the setup mean or cause. Never noticed this before and have not idea what that would mean if anything much at all.

Where I said 'pertly' above I meant partly... I was distracted :whistle:

You did say you watched the video 50 times just before so I would assume that you were half asleep through boredom mate!

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Many thanks Darth (for the comments and waiting for the vid!).
Haven't had much SS stats done. Last was with a 6 iron 3 years ago which on ave. was 98mph.

Will hopefully be getting my driver done soon. Only thing I had done with this was at a Nike demo day with a ball speed device, I was averaging about mid 180's and did get a few up into the low-mid 190's. Not sure how accurate it was though.

wow, you are well ahead of the tour average with SS and ball speed, it was good to see your speed generation.