New Shotscope X5

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I’m trying not to pester them too much. Mainly pushing for it to recognise women’s pars and to disaggregate the stats by gender! :D
Oh good luck. I take it’s not as simple as selecting red tees at your place then?

sjw

Visit site
You generally need to add a set yourself, and pick a tee colour. But if someone has already entered men's pars against that colour you need to pick a different colour. So whenever you play a new course you need to look at all the random colours on the system, that bear no relation to the tees on the ground, to see if there's a women's set there and, if not, create it yourself. It's a PITA and a totally obvious requirement they missed - the ability to have both men's and women's pars against a set of tees.
I've never understood Shotscope's tees feature. There are 3 tees at my course - Red, Yellow and White, yet the app shows Yellow, White, Gold, in that order. I always pick yellow, but I have no idea if that's right. The default is gold.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
You generally need to add a set yourself, and pick a tee colour. But if someone has already entered men's pars against that colour you need to pick a different colour. So whenever you play a new course you need to look at all the random colours on the system, that bear no relation to the tees on the ground, to see if there's a women's set there and, if not, create it yourself. It's a PITA and a totally obvious requirement they missed - the ability to have both men's and women's pars against a set of tees.
That’s nuts! Just reflect the scorecard!

Reactions: sjw

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Have to say, since shot scope replaced my watch due to a hardware issue ( every company has them) it’s been a dream to use. I guess I just had a lemon of a watch.

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Have shops had their existing stocks replaced with updated models?

As Jigger said, it was only in very rare cases that there were any issues with the hardware, it was all software based. If you were to buy a watch today it'd need updating to the latest firmware and you'd then be off and running.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
As Jigger said, it was only in very rare cases that there were any issues with the hardware, it was all software based. If you were to buy a watch today it'd need updating to the latest firmware and you'd then be off and running.
Yep. I’ve worked across several companies and they all have failure rates in products. The general consensus of the x5 has been vastly software issues that have been fixed.

sjw

Visit site
Looking again at these now that used prices have dropped. Anyone got one on here that they're looking to sell? Missed out on a new one on ebay for £150 :(

Alternatively if anyone knows a place other than ebay to get one on the cheap then I'm all ears

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Shot scope related.

I have two sets of tags (one used one new) along with the charging lead for a v3

Anyone welcome to have providing they carry post cost

Paxo

Visit site
Looking again at these now that used prices have dropped. Anyone got one on here that they're looking to sell? Missed out on a new one on ebay for £150 :(

Alternatively if anyone knows a place other than ebay to get one on the cheap then I'm all ears
eBay is your best bet I reckon. I bought one recently from there, ex-demo in perfect cosmetic condition, think I paid about £170.

The YouTube reviewers also generally have decent discount codes on the videos if you fancy a new one direct from Shot Scope.

Paxo

Visit site
It'll be my first time using the new firmware today with 'personalised hole maps'... Whatever that means.

cunnini

Visit site
you can buy direct from shotscope for 179 delivered for an ex-display model - mine's hopefully arriving in post tomorrow

sjw

Visit site
I haggled on ebay and got a BNIB for £170 in the colour I wanted, so I'm sorted. Thanks for the help all