New Shotscope X5

Teebs

Visit site
Just missed shots for me which is getting into the practice of more practice swings and tagging the strap. It the big test tomorrow with the tee boxes behind the greens

Just checked my mapping for today and it looks more accurate with the new update.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Just checked my mapping for today and it looks more accurate with the new update.
My was definitely off on one as it had me it a massive bunch of trees and wasn’t in trees all day. New course today so hard to tell with a lot of others.

sjw

Visit site
Is the update just for the X5? My GPS has been awful lately on my V3. Yesterday it wouldn't lock on at all with 20 minutes of trying, and the couple of previous rounds have all been offset by about 2 or 3 yards

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Is the update just for the X5? My GPS has been awful lately on my V3. Yesterday it wouldn't lock on at all with 20 minutes of trying, and the couple of previous rounds have all been offset by about 2 or 3 yards
I have never found it as good as my handheld. It is slower to sync, you often see the numbers change when you stand on a spot, and often different to fellow golfers also using a V3. It just seems to have 'weaker' GPS if thats possible, but I am not familiar with GPS technology.

Last edited:

Springveldt

Visit site
Used the V3 last night and it found my course with no issues, maybe took 20 seconds to find it.

Offset by 2 or 3 yards seems normal for GPS, it just isn't that accurate yet. I signed off my round this morning and there was 1 hole that was offset by about 10 yards around the green for some reason but other than that I didn't really need to make many edits except the length of the putts (I count them using steps) which is again a limitation of GPS.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
If it is possible to factory reset it, it might sort things out.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
2 rounds in a row now! Given the fix isn’t in place yet it must be completely switching off scoring in the settings.

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
First time I used this I couldn't turn it off would just constantly vibrate I had to hard reset it, since then Iv not had many problem more the user 😁 one thing I have noticed and have been keeping an eye on is battery life, Shot scope advertise the watch will do 2+ rounds in gps/gps track mode (must be 9hole courses) mine is at 43/38% after one round fully charged in no way will this do 2 18 hole rounds in a single charge imo how's the battery life for you guys

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
First time I used this I couldn't turn it off would just constantly vibrate I had to hard reset it, since then Iv not had many problem more the user 😁 one thing I have noticed and have been keeping an eye on is battery life, Shot scope advertise the watch will do 2+ rounds in gps/gps track mode (must be 9hole courses) mine is at 43/38% after one round fully charged in no way will this do 2 18 hole rounds in a single charge imo how's the battery life for you guys
I’d only get 2 rounds if I switched it on and off immediately around the round itself but bearing in mind mine hasn’t connected to gps for over a week now…….

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Really glad I read this thread, I lost my v3 bag version a month or so ago and was contemplating the x5. Looks like I’ll be getting a garmin as my old s2 never missed a beat!

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Really glad I read this thread, I lost my v3 bag version a month or so ago and was contemplating the x5. Looks like I’ll be getting a garmin as my old s2 never missed a beat!
Depends what you want mate. My friends shot scope gps only watch has been fantastic. If you want tracking there only really Arcoss and shot scope and arcoss is expensive and fiddly.

To be fair to shot scope they’ve been working hard and ironed out most the issues. I just think I have a rare hardware issue at the minute.

Hacky

Visit site
I’m new to shot scope and bought the x5 on preorder, there were issues to start with but with the latest firmware release the only issues for me have been user error. To be fair to Shotscope I have been very impressed with the way they have reacted to problems reported (on the flip side you could argue that they should never have released onto the public market prior to what seems very little testing). if you want the tracking facility, I’d say don’t disregard the X5.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It’s nice to see they are ironing out the issues, the v3 worked fine with stat tracker so I can’t get my head around how they ballsed up so much with the x5 as surely the basics were already in place and reliable

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I'm liking mine, using it for most rounds now. It usually misses a shot or two a round but pretty good overall. GPS accuracy not bad either, I'm definitely not having to manually adjust as many shots as before. (although its a bit more hit and miss on the green)

Main issue is just the control buttons getting pressed by accident.
I automatically take the strap. On the buttons, I could be wrong but I think there is a lock time in the settings? Worth a check as mine locks with seconds.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
It’s nice to see they are ironing out the issues, the v3 worked fine with stat tracker so I can’t get my head around how they ballsed up so much with the x5 as surely the basics were already in place and reliable
Probably had to re-write it from scratch due to being new tech inside. Working in IT, I’ll guarantee it won’t use the same names or standards.

what they should’ve done is used the upgrade as a final test platform before launch a “premium“ watch.

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I was pretty much ready to send back my X5 about a month ago, had real issues getting it to sync with my iPhone (known issue for a small number of users) and it seemed to be more luck than judgment as to whether it would record shots when it came to downloading. I spoke to CS via email and also directly to Gavin on the US forum. We agreed to wait until another firmware update was released as they were very confident it’d be a game changer for most having issues.

Anyway, pleased to report that since that update I have played half a dozen or so rounds and I reckon it’s missed less than 3/4 shots across all of those rounds.

Really very happy with the watch now although still do feel it was released as a beta but without telling anyone that! I appreciate that they cannot know all of the bugs at release however some were so basic that I cannot believe they didn’t come out in testing.

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Question to those who had v3’s with rounds stored. Did changing to the x5 lose the previous data in the app or continue to add to it?
No I have all my rounds from V2 to X5 the watch whether V2,v3,h4, or X5 just tracks the users shots and the app does the stats once the data is uploaded

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-06-11-16-04-14-523_com.shotscope.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-06-11-16-04-14-523_com.shotscope.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 1

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Question to those who had v3’s with rounds stored. Did changing to the x5 lose the previous data in the app or continue to add to it?
No. The dashboard is very different to the watch. Once it’s downloaded it’s there until you delete it. The watch is just the recording device. like a video recorder and the rounds on a dashboard are like to episodes on a vhs tape. 😉