New PGA Tour Video Game

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Looks awesome? Have any of you golf gamers tried 'The Golf Club', it has less realistic gameplay however the 'Make a course' feature is amazing! I recreated Ogbourne Downs which is a course close by - hopefully they might implement that into this new game ;) WGT (World Golf Tour) is also a really good game - I enjoy playing that. Interested to see what its going to be like; definately going to pick up a copy for my PS4 :)

Why on earth would you recreate Ogbourne? Terrible course. Surely as a Marlborough member you must know its against all laws to 'like' Ogbourne?

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
Always hoped they'd bring out a career mode where you start from the real beginning- shanking at the range, getting lessons, buying a v-easy, watching Mark Crossfield, playing your first 18 holes in 120 blows etc.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
looks like PS4 & Xbox only so far.

Unlikely to reach the Wii U as EA have not supported that since its release. Would be surprised if there were not last gen versions eventually but it is whether they can handle the Frostbite engine. If that was used on Battlefield Games then they should be able to.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Always hoped they'd bring out a career mode where you start from the real beginning- shanking at the range, getting lessons, buying a v-easy, watching Mark Crossfield, playing your first 18 holes in 120 blows etc.

Jeez, I still do most of that in real life so why should I want to do it in a game as well. ;)

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm thinking about a nice white PS4
;)

Anybody know if this game supports "3 click?"

3 click is being supported in this game. Although if you go for this option, you cannot control spin.

Other options include the standard one we're used to and a Tour option; you have to control backswing and downswing speed and don't have the option to zoom into your target before the shot.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I really cannot buy EA again since they ditched the course architect for TW07/08

I highly doubt EA will port to the PC, with Perfect Golf and The Golf Club on steam that market is well tapped.

I had high hopes for Perfect Golf but the architect is a long way off being ready. The Golf Club (TGC) is looking good and plays well but does not have 3 click.

I am a mouse swinger and I am getting on well with TGC, it just needs 3 click and an online game lobby. The handicap system is good and enjoyable. It is not weighed down by the RPG elements heavy in the EA series so you can get on with just hitting the ball and trying to get your handicap down.

Perfect Golf (PG) seems to be getting very positive reviews on the back of potential only, I may switch from TGC to PG if it turns out to be a better game in the long run, for the moment TGC is the most progressed so their my gaming stays.

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
I just hope to god they have got rid of the stupidity in the game that makes it far from enjoyable to play.

The way you could put spin on the ball was ridiculous. Ooooops I've blocked it long and right, oh well that doesn't matter, I'll just put some back left spin on it. Also the way you could hit a driver straight onto a par 4 green and then spin it back to the hole, well your get my drift............

So the criticism out the way. I loved the way you could pimp yourself out in different outfits and use clubs from all the top manufacturers. The GameFace that enabled you to put a photo of yourself onto your player is pretty dam cool too.

Another criticism though, if you want your player to improves it's stats you should be made to do this by carrying out tasks on the practice range, not by using using coins earned while playing. Obviously newer better kit should help to raise stats though.

KhalJimbo

Head Pro
Visit site
Doesn't look like it......
I've shelved my plans to buy a ps4. So I'm going to have to miss out
:mad:

That's not good! I only play on a PC. I have it connected to my TV so I use an XBOX controller on it. I know that there are other golf games on Steam but they don't work well on a controller. #Bummer

Jon321

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Where from mate? I had an email from Gameseekers saying it was £36 pre-order but that price could change on release date.

I went with amazon. I find thier always pretty good with prices and it will be here on release day. Tempted witht the F1 game too.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
That's not good! I only play on a PC. I have it connected to my TV so I use an XBOX controller on it. I know that there are other golf games on Steam but they don't work well on a controller. #Bummer

Yeh,I did try TGC with a pad, it wasn't terrible. I've always been a mouser so stuck with that.