PGA Tour 2K21

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
As featured on the GM pages, brand new game incoming - I assume with the next gen consoles.

Fingers crossed they get this right! Lots of talk on twitter how 2K are very renowned for their microtransactions (in game purchases) though.

GM feature:

https://www.golf-monthly.co.uk/news/pga-tour-golf-game-to-return-pga-tour-2k21-197185
no mention of new gen on that add also they can have micro transactions as long as it’s for clothes can’t see how you can put them into a golf game

The golf club 2019 is keeping me sane here me and the lads have played pretty much every course on the PGA and major circuit ha

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
I expect there has been a big increase in golf game purchasing & playing over the last few weeks. Good time to announce.

Wolf

Visit site
I’m on year 12 of my EA boycott.

Never buying from that scummy company again.
I'm sure they'll be gutted you're not financially supporting them especially knowing this game has nothing to do with EA ?

I'll probably buy it though, keep meaning to give Golf Club 2019 a crack.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm sure they'll be gutted you're not financially supporting them especially knowing this game has nothing to do with EA ?

I'll probably buy it though, keep meaning to give Golf Club 2019 a crack.

I’d given up on golf games after TGC was literally the same game sold three times and EA was just scummy.

If this one isn’t EA then maybe it’s time to re-evaluate.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
I’d given up on golf games after TGC was literally the same game sold three times and EA was just scummy.

If this one isn’t EA then maybe it’s time to re-evaluate.

Well bad news. This isn't EA, but it is TGC just re-packaged with the 2K branding to try and appeal more to the mainstream.

I like 2019, but the PGA Tour mode was severely lacking given they have the PGA license. Very few real courses, no real players, if they can make Career Mode into something a bit better and like a real PGA Tour season then this should be good. I'll probably pick it up, unless the reviews are trash anyway.

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Been playing the TGC 19 for a couple of weeks which is fine as a game (and it was free). Initially, the lack of real courses and golfers bothered me but in reality the real courses are boring on a computer game, and really does it matter what name it says on a fictional leaderboard? Going to try multiplayer and more of the user designed courses soon.

Funny thing is that other than the graphics quality it’s no better than Links which I played in the 90s.

Can’t see me shelling out on this tbh if it wasn’t for lock down probably wouldn’t have started TGC 2019.

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
Been playing the TGC 19 for a couple of weeks which is fine as a game (and it was free). Initially, the lack of real courses and golfers bothered me but in reality the real courses are boring on a computer game, and really does it matter what name it says on a fictional leaderboard? Going to try multiplayer and more of the user designed courses soon.

Funny thing is that other than the graphics quality it’s no better than Links which I played in the 90s.

Can’t see me shelling out on this tbh if it wasn’t for lock down probably wouldn’t have started TGC 2019.

There is an absolutely huge back catalogue of real courses to play tbh

Newnsy

Visit site
I’ve got the Sim version of TGC 19 and was playing Augusta this evening I assume it’s available on console / PC just need to know what to look for. Augusta for example is Xxxxxx National

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
I’m surprised how many people don’t know that almost every single top course in the world is available to play on the game

Just a shame you can't edit the Career Mode events to use the downloadable courses, then we'd have ourselves a career mode. If the events were as customisable as the rest of the game, 2019 would be right up there.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
I’ve got the Sim version of TGC 19 and was playing Augusta this evening I assume it’s available on console / PC just need to know what to look for. Augusta for example is Xxxxxx National
Augusta is pretty much the only one without the real name.

Use Firethorn National for Augusta. By far and away the best replica

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well bad news. This isn't EA, but it is TGC just re-packaged with the 2K branding to try and appeal more to the mainstream.

I like 2019, but the PGA Tour mode was severely lacking given they have the PGA license. Very few real courses, no real players, if they can make Career Mode into something a bit better and like a real PGA Tour season then this should be good. I'll probably pick it up, unless the reviews are trash anyway.
Agree, I think TGC19 is fantastic gameplay-wise, if they just had that but add the ability to play as real pro golfers, and add a lot more courses in-game, it would be spot on. Perhaps for the online societies you should still have to play as yourself though, because I like how that is a bit of a leveller between everyone.