PGA Tour 2K21

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
TGC2019 is a great when playing with friends on real courses that I'd never get chance to play, hopefully 2k keep that in and revamp the single player.

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Available midnight tonight on the PS5/Switch and 5:00am tomorrow morning on Xbox/PC etc, at least I think those timings are correct, cannot find the tweet which confirmed it!!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm a bit surprised it's 50 quid. I don't think TGC19 was ever that much - I got it for £16 and that was well over a year ago. I guess that's the price for a bit of licensing and getting the real player names in. I think I'll wait for this to get a bit a cheaper. (Having said that I know I'll probably get bored and buy it anyway after a week.)

Fabia999

Visit site
I'm a bit surprised it's 50 quid. I don't think TGC19 was ever that much - I got it for £16 and that was well over a year ago. I guess that's the price for a bit of licensing and getting the real player names in. I think I'll wait for this to get a bit a cheaper. (Having said that I know I'll probably get bored and buy it anyway after a week.)
Pretty much every new game is £50 now.

Fabia999

Visit site
I’ll stick it on to download tonight. Never really played TGC but I did enjoy Rorys PGA, I know it’s not EA but I’m looking forward to it.

As far as I’m aware there is only like 15 courses and about the same amount of pros on it? I’ll still enjoy it. I hope there is a create your own course mode.

3-off-the-tee

Visit site
I play quite a bit of TGC2019 and it’s alright, quite enjoy the online societies but much of the game is quite basic in my opinion.

I’ll wait for the verdicts on this one but may give it a go.

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I’ll stick it on to download tonight. Never really played TGC but I did enjoy Rorys PGA, I know it’s not EA but I’m looking forward to it.

As far as I’m aware there is only like 15 courses and about the same amount of pros on it? I’ll still enjoy it. I hope there is a create your own course mode.

The create your own course mode in the last ones was outstanding. Some people put some proper effort in and got the courses spot on. This has got it too.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Did I see it right in the video, can the chipping be adjusted to suit the distance you want without having to micro manage your back swing like in TGC2019?
I love TGC but the chipping is soooooo hard it makes you want to cry.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Did I see it right in the video, can the chipping be adjusted to suit the distance you want without having to micro manage your back swing like in TGC2019?
I love TGC but the chipping is soooooo hard it makes you want to cry.
It was alright once you got used to it. I just increased the loft to make it stop where I wanted it to. Or I'd go deliberately 'slow' on the back swing to take a yard or two off.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It does mention that in the review ???

That's how I found out lol I just ordered it because I like to upgrade
Oh really? Why did they bother getting them in then? Do they just turn up in the leaderboards against you??
Indeed just your comp

So you beat a select few

The game play is better tho you can chip a lot better and select a point to aim for in your swing to get to that distance

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
That's how I found out lol I just ordered it because I like to upgrade
Indeed just your comp

So you beat a select few

The game play is better tho you can chip a lot better and select a point to aim for in your swing to get to that distance
I'm not bothered about playing as the pros, I'm more bothered that I figured that the price was so much higher because of the licenses they invested to get the pros in... if it's only to play against them it doesn't seem worth it. I'm sure I'll get bored and buy it anyway though.

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
I have TGC and bought 2K21 and it feels a bit of a waste really.

Some minor tweaks such as power bar and being able to pinpoint chipping/putting easier which makes it more friendly. I did however prefer to get the ‘feel’ for finesse shots like this though.

I mean it’s ok but it’s the same price as Triple A titles and it just feels unpolished with no crossplay and I don’t think it’s going to have simulator comparability.

If anybody plays on PC and is considering setting up a society I’m in!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have TGC and bought 2K21 and it feels a bit of a waste really.

Some minor tweaks such as power bar and being able to pinpoint chipping/putting easier which makes it more friendly. I did however prefer to get the ‘feel’ for finesse shots like this though.

I mean it’s ok but it’s the same price as Triple A titles and it just feels unpolished with no crossplay and I don’t think it’s going to have simulator comparability.

If anybody plays on PC and is considering setting up a society I’m in!
It does look much easier on the gameplay video I saw. I actually quite liked TGC19 for how difficult it was to get the chipping right, it gave it some realism - i.e. you need a good short game to succeed! I don't think I'll pay £45-50 for this when I'm still enjoying the old game. I'll wait a month or two and see if it comes down.

Crumplezone

Visit site
I'm not bothered about playing as the pros, I'm more bothered that I figured that the price was so much higher because of the licenses they invested to get the pros in... if it's only to play against them it doesn't seem worth it. I'm sure I'll get bored and buy it anyway though.

It's the same price that TGC2019 was at release.