GPS debate/various...

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
The explanation and insight as to why decisions are taken was greatly appreciated and just supports my view of the magazine and forum. The magazine goes from strength to strength (really looking forward to the new look when I buy it tomorrow) and it is something extra to actually feel part of it both in content and how it develops. Long may it continue.

As for the review comments, how many of us have not suspected magazines in any area to give a positive review for an ad or an exclusive (not accusing GM here as have always found their comments fair and accurate) so to have the position explained can only help put minds at ease.

Ken_A

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I must say I'm really impressed about how much our opinion counts in the mag.
Before I started to come on here I just thought the mag (and all others) was a book of ad's with some pleasant golf items between them.
Now my opinion is a lot different - I loved my job (currently redundant - bloody credit crunch) and I strived to be the best in my field - this is what I see GM are doing, before I thought they were a bunch of faceless juro's who could not care less. I now know its not so you strive to be the best, you take our comments on board and you respond when we ask questions. Well done folks you seem to be getting it right and doing a great job, which seems to be playing golf and playing more golf. :p

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
hi again everyone
I have only just had the chance to read through your replies but many thanks for the positive response to my post.
AS has been said in posts above there will always be differences of opinion on things, elements of the magazine not everyone will like and so on but I'd much rather hear about them so I can at least try to explain why something is the way it is.
Ideas, feedback and constructive criticism are all music to our ears!

Cernunnos

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Its interesting that I'm grouped in with the Traditionalists... :eek: especially as I'm so pro GPS.

But I'll admit, I am a believer that we should all learn to use our senses on the course too, so I can be both traditionalist & modernist at the same time it seems... rofl. :D