Visit site
Ok I like it

Like you can show you were to stop in back swing

Putt preview is good addition ..

Should be a good game

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
It does look much easier on the gameplay video I saw. I actually quite liked TGC19 for how difficult it was to get the chipping right, it gave it some realism - i.e. you need a good short game to succeed! I don't think I'll pay £45-50 for this when I'm still enjoying the old game. I'll wait a month or two and see if it comes down.

Yeah I'm with you, it was nasty if you hadn't played in a while but it did add the realism of finding your feel which I also preferred. I can understand why they have changed it to be more user friendly and you can ramp up the difficulty and omit putt preview etc, and the harder settings you use the bigger modifiers you get for xp and currency rewards.

I mean It's ok but If you enjoy TGC still like I did it doesn't really feel like a great purchase, be fine if it was £20 but at £50 on pc it feels a bit of a bum purchase.

I think most of the money in the game is for licensing costs it doesn't feel like a massive advance in actual gameplay.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Having not owned a console for years I decided to go down the route of Stadia.

Didn't have a controller overnight at work, but was able to use the screen on my phone. Seemed to be pretty steady, but a little fiddler for the finesse shots. Have borrowed my mates ps4 controller today and i'm all over the shop!

Is this any good? Do you recommend using mouse and keyboard or controller?
I really like it, first golf game ive played. So i started on easy mode with all the aids on and now have half of them switched off and on normal mode now. Ive been using the mouse and keyboard and fine it easy to use.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
To someone that's got the game - have they fixed things in the career mode that made no sense like:

- Weekend tee-times being totally random - leaders not going off last etc
- Playoffs if events are tied on Sunday

If they've not fixed those basic things then honestly can't see me upgrading from 2019 anytime soon as career mode is where I spend most of my time. Hopefully next-gen golf games will be better.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
To someone that's got the game - have they fixed things in the career mode that made no sense like:

- Weekend tee-times being totally random - leaders not going off last etc
- Playoffs if events are tied on Sunday

If they've not fixed those basic things then honestly can't see me upgrading from 2019 anytime soon as career mode is where I spend most of my time. Hopefully next-gen golf games will be better.
Career mode was poor, I just joined about ten online societies so every time I put the game on I was just playing online created courses.

happyhacker

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
There have been a few Augusta courses up but they are quickly removed with copyright claims.

2K have said more courses will be licensed but who knows if Augusta makes it.

happyhacker

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Think it was mentioned on a Barstool Sports stream. Not sure if the societies are highlighting them quicker for a copyright claim.

I didn't have the previous game so not sure.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've given in, seeing it on sale today at half price so finally happy to hand over my cash.

Edit: Glad I did, putting and chipping feel really natural, feedback is consistent.

It is a lot easier than the older games but I will slowly turn off aids and crank up the difficulty. After a few hours I don't need the putting line anymore so don't hold R. I can consistently shoot -6 with wind on off the back tees, hdcp is -8.8!

I started on the medium setting for aids so will move up now to the harder one.

Last edited: