New Members

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
On the back of the Membership Recruitment Idea thread what do new members get in the way of a welcome, I know at Crail new members got a lovely welcome presentation box wit a bag tag fixture list etc.

Mine was very poor ,2 of my mates joined recently after paying one got a letter with a receipt for payment and 2018/2019 sticker , no bag tag to put it on and no club membership card which should have been sent out all in one go which i find poor and not the best welcome to the club

TreeSeeker

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I got a very good welcome, but not much in the way of stuff (I actually wouldn't have wanted them to give much tbh because it would feel a waste)

Got a bag tag when I said i'd join (before I paid actually) and my collected my card the day my payment was received. big one for me was getting a warm welcome from a few of the members who were involved with the club, so the captain, handicap guy and the pro.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Bag tag, membership card and diary for the year is our welcome. In early May we have a new members get together, 9 holes then sarnies and chips in the clubhouse

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
I was invited for a cappuccino and forms was filled in, photo taken, IG set up, Bag tag engraved, course planners and diary given. Was sat with two corporate members who invited me to stay after the form filling.
Been a member at four clubs, that was the only sort of welcome I’ve had.

It’s never really crossed my mind though, as it doesn’t bother me.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Our 'interview' is more a familiarisation with the club. We talk about what brought them to the club, what they're looking for out of the club, ask if they know anyone and if not would they like us to help, We explain about the course, how to get a handicap if they haven't got one, about the medals, and give them a tour of the club. We also provide them with a bag tag, current years badge for the tag, key fob for access to the club and card for discounted bar purchases.
It generally gets a very positive response.

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
In these times of clubs struggling for members you would think that doing the basics like bag tag, membership card etc would be a simple task but not at mine, its just as well the lads no all lot of guys who are members in the first place so its easier for them. The ladies section are more active in greeting members i saw the Lady Captain showing 2 new members around last week which was good to see plus they started an initiative to get more won playing golf which seems to have been a great success.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Metal bag tag with my name engraved on it, club tie and fixtures/rule book in a nice presentation box.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Minimal. I have tried to bring in a membership pack, it's all set up, but I don't know if it will get used. No walk round, no tour. I'll be asking about a buddy system next meeting as that sounds a good idea.

I joined last year and was decidedly underwhelmed by the welcome or lack of.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Our ladies have it nailed. Buddy system, lots of little socials, special competitions for new ladies etc.

Our Gents are terrible. Pretty much have to find your own way. You're told about roll ups etc, but turning up on your own to a room full of blokes can be a bit daunting and is not for everyone. Most just put down for the comps and try to find playing partners that way.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
We get a metal engraved bag tag and Diary, there is also a new members drinks evening where the Captain welcomes the new members.
this also gives new guys that don't have reg playing partners info on the the club roll up info and to meet others who may also be looking for a game
bag tag.jpg