New handicap system. An American view

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Lets be honest, supplementary cards are a bit rubbish aren't they, just doesn't give me the same spark as a Q. i put in 5 last year, 2 I was cut on and the others I buffered, which was good but not seeing your name in results or on going live leaderboard isn't the same.
How you feel about them is somewhat irrelevant in this context - we are discussing whether there is any change (outside cat 1) going forwards, that's all.

Swango1980

Visit site
If Cat 1 goes, will there be, or need to be, restrictions in place for the very good golfers (I.e. the ones that are Cat 1 now). Because, I presume the restrictions that are currently in place are to discourage them to use Supplementary cards to maintain their handicap, given it impacts their eligibility in Cat 1 events, along with county and national golf selection.

D

Deleted member 3432

I think its fair to say this thread has drifted more than a little....

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I've said it before but I'm sure I will never hand in a scorecard from a non-competition round. It's not the same game, you have gimmes (some generous), dropping from out of bounds and lost balls, etc etc - I fail to see how you can base a handicap off of that. Nonsense.
So you would rather play all your rounds under competition pressure rather than a friendly game and base your handicap on those rounds?

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
So you would rather play all your rounds under competition pressure rather than a friendly game and base your handicap on those rounds?
He's saying he plays a mix.
I'm the same, comps for handicap and everything else for fun, all sorts of rule breaks and stuff.
If whs offers a simple way adding non comp scores then I may add a few. But it will need to be computerised from start to finish .

User20204

Visit site
. End to end online all via an app please.

Oh yes please but I'm not overly hopeful. Interestingly enough, a couple months back I was a guest of a friend at his course and when we met up, his mate told me he had already signed them both in for a supp that day, I have to assume he did so online, didn't know you could.

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
Yeah I think we can do it via the computer in the club house, but an app would be nice and pretty easy to implement. I have heard they hope to bring one out for score entry at least.