New Drivers 2020

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
really is time to look at the Cobra F9................

I had a fitting with these this year, the driver and 3w i didn't hit as far as My Callaway XR16 driver and fairway wood. Eventually after more fitting sessions i ended up getting the Wilson C300 Driver, 3W and 2 and 4 hybrids, lovely to hit and nice and forgiving. Thing was I was a little negative at first as they were cheap at £189 for the driver and £99 each for the 3w and hybrids but I loved them.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
really is time to look at the Cobra F9................

I really like the look of the F9, hit it fine when I tried it and was intent on saving for one. I think I left it a bit too late as stock now seems limited because of the new SZ release, but that may be a blessing in disguise ?. From all the reviews I’ve seen/read, the SZ doesn’t give much more over the F9, not worth changing to if you have an F9 already, however, it’s still a very good club and worth looking at if you haven’t got the F9 already. The price point is the same. The more I see the SZ, the more I like the look of it, yep, that’s what peeked my interest, and reviews like this don’t help me ?. I really like the look and idea of the infinity face as well.

I will be queuing to try one out as soon as available later this month

found this chap yesterday, he’s fast become my favourite YouTube vlog at the moment.

RangeMonkey

Visit site
Surely a club is a tool.

I don’t understand this thing about aesthetics. I really couldn’t tell you what my clubs look like. All I care about is how they feel and how they work.

sussexhacker

Visit site
Surely a club is a tool.

I don’t understand this thing about aesthetics. I really couldn’t tell you what my clubs look like. All I care about is how they feel and how they work.

It’s a personal thing but most people I know agree that if you like the look of a club it just inspires a bit more confidence than something that doesn’t quite look right to you, even if it performs well enough

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
It’s a personal thing but most people I know agree that if you like the look of a club it just inspires a bit more confidence than something that doesn’t quite look right to you, even if it performs well enough

Even on the sole?

I can understand a club that doesn't sit right in your eye won't inspire you and can become a mental thing.

Colour scheme on the sole that you never see?

Rapture V2 was hideous looking with that green but it was still the best driver I've ever owned.

sussexhacker

Visit site
Even on the sole?

I can understand a club that doesn't sit right in your eye won't inspire you and can become a mental thing.

Rapture V2 was hideous looking with that green but it was still the best driver I've ever owned.

I didn’t mean the sole anymore more the look at address of any club whether it’s a wedge or in particular a putter

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Even on the sole?

And yet you say, in the 155mph thread "different things float different people's boats"
Jus' sayin'.....

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
And yet you say, in the 155mph thread "different things float different people's boats"
Jus' sayin'.....

And like I said I had a horrendous green sole on the Rapture and it was an outstanding bat. Don't really see your point.

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
The look is 90% for me, maybe more, anyone who says otherwise is an idiot.

No, anyone who says the look of the club of the part you never see matters must be an idiot surely, like buying a car because you don't like the underneath, totally irrelevant as you never look at it.

I do agree that the minute you put a club at address there are some you can take an instant dislike to. I don't like the M range, they sit too open and i don't like the mixed colour on the head. I can't tell you what the sole looks like though.

Tiger man

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Amazing how people can have such strong views on other people's choices on buying something for themselves??
Personally I buy something if it looks nice and performs better than what I have. If I don't like the look I won't even try it. No driver is going to be that considerably better than another that I have to play a hideous looking one, they are all maxed out and every manufacturer makes a good product if fitted correctly.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I get that you want to find the driver that gives the best distance and dispersion but if a club doesn't suit my eye, then I am always going to stand there and have a degree of doubt. I don't care what the bottom looks like but it has to look right behind the ball