New Drivers 2020

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I believe they're all pretty low on spin so you might need to loft up!

From what I've seen the spin isn't as low as the ST180, which is the main reason I decided not to pick up one of those second hand. The ST200 can be adjusted 4 degrees so hopefully will find a loft that suits.

The ST200X looks interesting with high launch, draw bias and an extremely light (39g) shaft, which is specifically designed for slower swing speeds.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
From what I've seen the spin isn't as low as the ST180, which is the main reason I decided not to pick up one of those second hand. The ST200 can be adjusted 4 degrees so hopefully will find a loft that suits.

The ST200X looks interesting with high launch, draw bias and an extremely light (39g) shaft, which is specifically designed for slower swing speeds.
Great looking clubs though....
Do I need a new driver......:unsure:

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

39g that's the lightest driver shaft I've ever heard of.

njc1973

Head Pro
Visit site
Tried the maverick, maverick sub zero, sim and sim max today, picked up 5mph on all of them in comparison to my m4 and that’s without trying different shafts to optimise things. I think this year”s crop of drivers are a bit of a step up.

The sub zero was a beast if you middled one but I”m probably leaning towards the maverick as it was more consistently long and just felt easier to swing hard at the ball.

I’ll try the cobra before I make a decision though as I liked last years when I had a few hits with it.

D

Deleted member 16999

Crossfield does a decent review on the ST200 and discuss’s the light shaft.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
A friend has repaired the neck crack in a Uniroyal Arnold Palmer driver for me and I'll be picking it up on Monday for a round at Thorpeness GC (Dennis permitting), can't wait to try it as the 3 & 4 woods are great.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Crossfield does a decent review on the ST200 and discuss’s the light shaft.
I think these light shafts are fine, there is ample choice.
I use a UST MP5 52g stiff shaft in my rogue and it’s fine.
I will look at the st200 as it’s an interesting and competitively priced option. I have not had a fitted driver for a while. So may take advantage, but shaft options are pretty limited.