New Drivers 2020

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
do you really choose which ones to hit based on what the sole looks like on the shelf? really? just dont get it at all lol

Whilst performance would be the main deciding factor, looks are a huge part for me.

but also remember most people won’t try before buying. They’ll buy online or second hand where they can’t test it. It’s all looks, marketing and online reviews.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Whilst performance would be the main deciding factor, looks are a huge part for me.

but also remember most people won’t try before buying. They’ll buy online or second hand where they can’t test it. It’s all looks, marketing and online reviews.

would you not buy a driver because of what the sole looks like?

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
I really struggle with this, who cares what the sole of the driver looks like? got any pics of them at address?
Not many people will spend close to £500 on a product they dont like the look of on the shelf. You want to be excited about your new driver and love everything about it. Reality is if you pick the one you like the look of best both from the sole and at address and then get a proper fitting for that product, the difference between them will be minimal. Images of both the Callaway & the taylormade have been available for quite some time, from address, faces and from the bottom

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Not many people will spend close to £500 on a product they dont like the look of on the shelf. You want to be excited about your new driver and love everything about it. Reality is if you pick the one you like the look of best both from the sole and at address and then get a proper fitting for that product, the difference between them will be minimal.

for me has to suit the eye (or at least not offend it) at address, after that the fitting is all that matters

there again im in no rush to spend £500 on a driver thats barely any better than the one they want to give me £50 trade in for so maybe im not their market anyway

Fish

Banned
Visit site
for me has to suit the eye (or at least not offend it) at address, after that the fitting is all that matters

there again im in no rush to spend £500 on a driver thats barely any better than the one they want to give me £50 trade in for so maybe im not their market anyway

Still using my SLDR we were fitted for 4yrs ago, although I’ve been trying out a 910 the last few rounds which has started misbehaving, I’m on the look out for something, but not brand new.

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
I am sure there are a host of decent (and in my opinion) better looking drivers to come from the big names in 2020. None of those look inspiring.
You can easily get a very nice looking sole on a driver and it won't cost much at all. Unfortunately, it will have 1990 technology.
It's true, though. Nobody's been able to reconcile good aesthetic cosmetics and modern technology.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
that makes far more sense!

It may have come out in 2013 but I think we were just into a new year, so possibly early 2014 then, it was my first driver and it was being delivered just before we all went to Hillside, it was waiting for me when I got back, so when was that?

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I really struggle with this, who cares what the sole of the driver looks like? got any pics of them at address?

100% - who can say something looks crap from the sole view???

It's what it looks like at address and how it fits your eye at address not the bloody sole that you should be concerned about.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Up to a point.
I cant look down on any of the M drivers due to the 2 tone finish - just does my eyes in.
Some people will be turned away from a club that looks horrible from any angle.
Colour makes a difference too. It's all in the image
Don't forget, the bulk of these will be bought in the States where taste is undoubtedly more questionable than here...
They'll sell buckets of them.

On a different track, it will be interesting to see how TM are going to market theirs
The last one was, after all, pushed to the absolute CT limit. Can they make it faster?

Tosh.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Not many people will spend close to £500 on a product they dont like the look of on the shelf. You want to be excited about your new driver and love everything about it. Reality is if you pick the one you like the look of best both from the sole and at address and then get a proper fitting for that product, the difference between them will be minimal. Images of both the Callaway & the taylormade have been available for quite some time, from address, faces and from the bottom

You get excited after the fitting, not prior to it. Anyone that goes into a fitting saying they don't want X , Y or Z because it has a grey sole is an idiot.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
100% - who can say something looks crap from the sole view???

It's what it looks like at address and how it fits your eye at address not the bloody sole that you should be concerned about.

Let's be honest. Its the whole package that people think about when selecting a driver.

I've never met anyone that said, I absolutely hate the look of the driver apart from the crown. The crown looks amazing so I bought it.

People are attracted like magpies to fancy graphics, colours and tech. Then they get the club in their hands. Look at it from address and waggle it and finally go hit it.