New Car Lease space for golf clubs

kerber0s1983

Assistant Pro
Visit site
My current company car lease (Nissan X Trial 4WD) is coming to an end in March and need to start looking for the next set of wheels.

Was going to get another one, but the lease fee has gone up pushing any decent spec'd ones out of my allowance.

Looking for any ideas on a decent sized good spec motor to have next.

Must have a good boot, as i like to leave all the golf gear (bag, trolley etc) in there with no seats down so it can't be seen, as have nowhere at home to store it.

Must be able to comfortably get 4 adults in for long journeys.

Did think about a qashqai but don't think the boot is big enough.

certainly don't want a mondeo or insignia or any BMW as we were forced to have them for years, so looking for something different.

recently looked at octavia and VW tiguan but can't make my mind up on them.

anyone else got any ideas of ones worth taking a look at

Cheers

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Skoda Superb, fabulous car particularly if you choose the auto / DSG. Had mine for 7 months now and very happy with it. Great for long journeys with a full load.

The Kodiaq looks very nice if you want a higher up car but I don't know how the lease costs compare.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Mates got a Qashqai and can’t get his trolley and tour bag in without dropping one of the seats.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Skoda Superb, fabulous car particularly if you choose the auto / DSG. Had mine for 7 months now and very happy with it. Great for long journeys with a full load.

The Kodiaq looks very nice if you want a higher up car but I don't know how the lease costs compare.
Another one for the Skoda Superb. I'm on my second one now and it's got great spec, an enormous boot, limousine type space in the back for passengers and not a bad looking car in its latest guise.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Ive a VW Passate Estate, primarily because i have two dogs. It also can fit 3 other golfers quite comfortably and all the gear. Had 3 electric trolleys and 4 (3 tour bags) in the boot.. no problem. Skoda would be the same i'd have thought.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
I've got a Passat saloon. Not the worlds most exciting car but I'm not the world's most exciting person. It does everything very well, is a nice motorway cruiser especially if you get the adaptive cruise control as it can mostly drive itself, has a large boot and I think is being revamped later this year, so you may well get some good deals on the existing model.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
What spec grade is that one?

If it is a 13 plate then it is likely to not exist anymore. Mine is a 17 plate and it is an SE Tech, effectively the business model. That has most of what you need. The extras I went for were pretty much 1st world options, electric boot (don't knock it until you have had one), rear seat release button in the boot (very useful), rear side airbags (essential imo). You get a good spec with this model.

kerber0s1983

Assistant Pro
Visit site
If it is a 13 plate then it is likely to not exist anymore. Mine is a 17 plate and it is an SE Tech, effectively the business model. That has most of what you need. The extras I went for were pretty much 1st world options, electric boot (don't knock it until you have had one), rear seat release button in the boot (very useful), rear side airbags (essential imo). You get a good spec with this model.

Thanks Mate, been looking at the spec online of the SE Tech Greenline - seems pretty reasonable value for the spec

User2021

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Mrs wanted a VW Tiguan
someone recommended the Seat Alteca ( basically the same car as the VW and Audi underneath)
Got her a top of the range, fully loaded at a whisker under £200 a month business lease with a 20k allowance per year, three year contract.

Honestly was was surprised at how good it is, once I got over it’s a Seat thing.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Have a look at the Hyundai Tucson. i’ve got the se Nav spec and it’s a great vehicle and the boot is plent big enough for a trolley and bag.

my lease is due later this year and will probably get another Tucson but get the top spec version

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Mrs wanted a VW Tiguan
someone recommended the Seat Alteca ( basically the same car as the VW and Audi underneath)
Got her a top of the range, fully loaded at a whisker under £200 a month business lease with a 20k allowance per year, three year contract.

Honestly was was surprised at how good it is, once I got over it’s a Seat thing.

Where did you lease that from - sounds a good deal.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Honda CRV was on my radar when changing but went for Volvo XC60 in the end,takes both mine and wife's golf gear with parcel shelf covering them.
Great rear passenger room and very comfortable driving position if you're doing shed loads of miles.

Got a Skoda Fabia on hire whilst skiing and very impressed with it, fantastic adaptive cruise control.