New Callaway and TaylorMade Drivers

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Redtraveller

Club Champion
Visit site
Got an email from Golfspy and theres Kirkland irons registered on the USGA conforming list. There’s a picture of them too and they look a nice iron. Will be interesting to see if they come out here

Attachments

• 4B3A7716-E4E6-4B97-9274-0A8935D9CFD6.jpeg
    4B3A7716-E4E6-4B97-9274-0A8935D9CFD6.jpeg
    117.3 KB · Views: 15

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
Like I said before - this is only for the very serious and very skilful golfers ;) - not everyone's cup of tea - carry on poo-poo-ing as much as you like - that won't make you a better golfer.

Or have a go. :)
Increase your golfing enjoyment. :)
Learn some new golfing skills. :)

May I ask what your HC is?

I think it's less than 1% in the UK that are scratch or better. If you can't beat the course, why make it harder/slower?

sunshine

Visit site
Most people? - I doubt it. More likely that MOST PEOPLE will be asking for you to part with around £20 per club.

View attachment 45802

View attachment 45803

Like I said before - this is only for the very serious and very skilful golfers ;) - not everyone's cup of tea - carry on poo-poo-ing as much as you like - that won't make you a better golfer.

Or have a go. :)
Increase your golfing enjoyment. :)
Learn some new golfing skills. :)

Golf is hard enough for me! I would like to see the pros use this old equipment though. I think we would see that some modern players really are incredibly skillful (and some less so).

Where do you draw the line on age of clubs? The stuff you are buying contains all the latest technology from the 70s or 80s. Shouldn't you go back to hickory?

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
That Callaway looks bloody awful from above.....the way the transition from carbon weave effect to the matt section is separated by a plain white line that doesn't look remotely parallel to the top line of the face of the club, will surely screw peoples brains up regarding aim and alignment?

Last edited:

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Golf is hard enough for me! I would like to see the pros use this old equipment though. I think we would see that some modern players really are incredibly skillful (and some less so).

Where do you draw the line on age of clubs? The stuff you are buying contains all the latest technology from the 70s or 80s. Shouldn't you go back to hickory?
Prices for playable hickories are daft now.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
May I ask what your HC is?

I think it's less than 1% in the UK that are scratch or better. If you can't beat the course, why make it harder/slower?
Hoping to come down a bit this year.
That is with 21st century clubs.

As for the harder/slower question there are many reasons.

Athletes train at altitude where there is less oxygen or run with weights.
But I play with old clubs mainly for the sheer enjoyment and pleasure it brings me. I find it does do a bit of the athlete thing as well. Double bonus.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
That's true, they have kept lasts years model "current" for another year recently even though they don't advertise them.

I was told its because they flip between adjustable and non adjustable in alternate years, so the Rogue as the latest adjustable one will likely still be classed as current.

Although that might have changed more recently but it was certainly the case from the original rogue to epic flash to matrix lines.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I was told its because they flip between adjustable and non adjustable in alternate years, so the Rogue as the latest adjustable one will likely still be classed as current.

Although that might have changed more recently but it was certainly the case from the original rogue to epic flash to matrix lines.
All their main drivers have been adjustable for about 10 years?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Neither excite me visually but like any club it is not how it looks but how it performs. Not hit too many Callaway in the last few years but not enjoyed too many of the TM offerings for a while. Haven't really beaten anything my Ping can do

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Annoyingly, many of the reviews of the new Callaway are comparing it to last year's Rogue ST...which it is not replacing..
Comparisons should be made to the Epic Speed range.....

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I'm not that impressed by the look of the new Callaway.
All that carbon on the base, will it last?
Looks a bit like a toy golf club!

Jason.H

Visit site
Just watched Rick Shiels test the callaway drivers. Really interesting watch, though I’ve recently bought Titleist TSR and am more than happy.
Amazing to see the triple diamond version how much extra distance he gets from it but on the course it’s all over the place. Then the other 2 are straight, forgiving but give his normal distances.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Five years ago Rick Shiels tested the original Rogue driver and the stats were: Ball Speed 161, Carry 282 and Total distance 300.

For the new Paradym they are: Ball speed 158, Carry 286, Total distance 308.

The 2018 Rogue Sub Zero, which would be the model compatible with the Paradym Triple Diamond had stats of: Ball Speed 161, Carry 288 and Total distance 309.

For the new Paradym Triple Diamond they are: Ball speed 160, Carry 298, Total distance 322.

Anecdotally, during the Sub Zero test he claims to have had one of his best driver experiences ever, hitting fairway after fairway. This is the opposite to the Paradym Triple Diamond where he states he had no idea where the ball was going to go during on course testing.

I appear to be one of the few who likes the look of this driver, although I haven't actually seen one in the flesh.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I personally wouldn't go for the paradigm purely on looks. The Stealth 2 does look good though.

Visit site
The price is horrifying. £599 for a driver which is the same as the Callaway Epic they released what 6-7 years ago now? For that price, at least claim that it’s made out of some new, unobtainable metal that makes my ball fly back out of the trees…

I tried the whole range of Rogue drivers last year and it was horrible - I was put off buying a new driver altogether by the experience.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Having watering eyes at the cost of my latest irons and seeing the cost of these I'm afraid I'm now being priced out of the "new" market...
I could buy them if I wanted to but I cant justify 600 quid for a driver to me let alone the Finance Director......
Time to start a sweep on who will have the first, mainstream, £1k driver.....

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
It's silly money for not much improvement on any similar driver brought out in the last several years.
£600 would get a lot of lessons with a decent pro which imo would improve the driving ability of the vast amount of players a lot more.