New Callaway and TaylorMade Drivers

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
£400, £500, £600 for a driver.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I’m looking at the Mizuno ST-X 220 custom fit and it comes in at £285. Reviews seem really positive. I’ve had Mizuno fairway woods previously and really liked them, but people seem to shy away from their drivers.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
I’m looking at the Mizuno ST-X 220 custom fit and it comes in at £285. Reviews seem really positive. I’ve had Mizuno fairway woods previously and really liked them, but people seem to shy away from their drivers.
Their driver brand marketing is not as good as the big 4. Drivers are just as good of course.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Just remembered that I bought a driver a year ago to the day. Collected - no postage.

I photographed it with next door neighbour's TM RBZ to give it some scale.

st andrew driver order.jpg

SDC11508.JPGSDC11509.JPG

But then I'm in a seriously elitist bunch of very skilful golfers who have the outstanding ability to play with such extra special clubs. Only the best can play with the best clubs, after all. ;)

Last edited:

sunshine

Visit site
Just remembered that I bought a driver a year ago to the day. Collected - no postage.

I photographed it with next door neighbour's TM RBZ to give it some scale.

View attachment 45797

View attachment 45798View attachment 45799

But then I'm in a seriously elitist bunch of very skilful golfers who have the outstanding ability to play with such extra special clubs. Only the best can play with the best clubs, after all. ;)

99p - you've been ripped off there. Most people would pay to clear that out.

evemccc

Visit site
£400, £500, £600 for a driver.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

A lot. Esp if you buy new every couple of years. But not if you buy one and use it a lot over a 5 year period IMO

Is it any more outlandish than £50-£60 a GF for an utterly unremarkable course, £7 a pint, £12 for a Five Guys burger (no chips or drink), £300 for a summer round at an Open venue, or the amount people spend on their cars?

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Is it any more outlandish than £50-£60 a GF for an utterly unremarkable course, £7 a pint, £12 for a Five Guys burger (no chips or drink), £300 for a summer round at an Open venue, or the amount people spend on their cars?

I think it is. You know what you are getting with the pint, the 5 guys, or even playing the open course. There is an upfront price/benefit judgement. Some 600£ driver buyers recognise they are simply buying a luxury good whose brand in itself is worth paying for. But the driver also claims or positions itself as something offering increased function, and for those buying on that premise, it is outlandish.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site

If they are quoting a price for a custom fit, does this not mean it is a "whats best for you from this selection of shafts" fit? Some shafts alone are more than £285.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
If they are quoting a price for a custom fit, does this not mean it is a "whats best for you from this selection of shafts" fit? Some shafts alone are more than £285.

The list of shafts is extensive and having looked at them they’re top quality. It’s a really good price.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Rogue ST line is unlikely to drop much yet..
It'll be a current driver until this time next year.
Epic Max range should drop now assuming there's stock.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Rogue ST line is unlikely to drop much yet..
It'll be a current driver until this time next year.
Epic Max range should drop now assuming there's stock.
That's true, they have kept lasts years model "current" for another year recently even though they don't advertise them.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
That's true, they have kept lasts years model "current" for another year recently even though they don't advertise them.
They have done for a few years now.
Yes, there's a new range of Callaway woods every year but they stay current for 2 years...

Voyager EMH

Visit site
You always get inverted snobbery on these types of threads, sad but true.
With reference to golf equipment, I'm an extremely inverted snob. (Definitely not with people, because I'm neither snob or inverted snob with them)
But I don't find anything sad about that - I'm quite upbeat about it.
We are all entitled to our views. It would be very sad if there were no differing views.

Voyager EMH

Visit site
99p - you've been ripped off there. Most people would pay to clear that out.
Most people? - I doubt it. More likely that MOST PEOPLE will be asking for you to part with around £20 per club.

St Andrew 1 and 3.jpg

st andrew 1 wood 35.jpg

Like I said before - this is only for the very serious and very skilful golfers ;) - not everyone's cup of tea - carry on poo-poo-ing as much as you like - that won't make you a better golfer.

Or have a go. :)
Increase your golfing enjoyment. :)
Learn some new golfing skills. :)

Last edited:

Teebs

Visit site
The Rogue ST driver (Max) is incredible, I've always been a decent driver for my handicap but the Rogue takes it to another level. Well worth the money.