New Callaway and TaylorMade Drivers

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Jason.H

Visit site
The Golfalot review she highlights the fact one of the new Stealths is exact copy of the Sim 2 Max albeit different materials used but a new driver should not look identical to a previous model.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Yes. Uncomfortable watch for the marketing departments of the big brands not to mention the custom fit industry.

Latest 'packed with tech' story from big brand marketing department ? Or pluck a used club from the last 20 years ?
Custom fit? Or pluck a used club from the last 20 years ?
It makes no difference to your score.

The bind most of the commentators, youtubers, websites, etc, find themselves in is that they are feeding off the same charade as the manufacturers. They are on the band wagon of clicks for reviews and eyeballs as if the latest tech advance actually had substance to it, and it must be difficult to break out. Crossfield does seem increasingly to break that 4th wall at times. I think he even referred to having seen 'behind the curtain' to a driver launch one time but didnt go deeper, and effectively laughing at fitting where the real numbers indicate it takes over a hundred shots with any given club setup to get statistically stable data.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
I think he paid way too much for his Callaway Fusion.

callaway fusion.jpg
I was not the buyer, by the way.

I bought a Cobra F-Speed, 9 degree, stiff, for £26 including postage last year.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
I have two FT3's in the garage and my mate will be using his on the course in a couple of hours. The thing about the FT3 is that it is a fantastic club which is still relevant, sounds good, looks good and are plenty long.

The only problem with them is the difficulty of changing the shaft, you use heat the head will fall apart, so you have to drill the old shaft out, it's a bit of a chore.

Graeme McDowell used one to win the 2005 US Open

Voyager EMH

Visit site
Rather than change the shaft (and loft) on my Cobra F-Speed 10.5 regular, I bought a whole club, 9d stiff, for £26. Not much of a chore.
And it is much better condition than the one I bought in 2010 for £25.

Cobras.JPG

sunshine

Visit site
Doesnt look like Taylormade have brought anything new to the table driverwise this year either. For a company that positions itself as innovative and technical, that about 10 years of blanks now. What would have been their last driver that improved on its predecessor, the R11 maybe ? Emperor and new clothes ever since really.

TM R320ti is still the best driver I’ve ever had (almost 20 years ago now). Shame it’s illegal now. I remember it was priced at £350 but I bought it for £250 at the end of the year as they prepared to launch the next model. Sounds familiar.

To be fair to TM, they’ve had some decent products: RBZ, M1, M2, Sim have all been highly rated.

The problem is their tendency to update a product with minimal perceived improvement: RBZ followed by RBZ Stage 2, SIM and SIM 2, now Stealth and Stealth 2. Maybe they should call it Steal.

Voyager EMH

Visit site
TM R320ti is still the best driver I’ve ever had (almost 20 years ago now). Shame it’s illegal now. I remember it was priced at £350 but I bought it for £250 at the end of the year as they prepared to launch the next model. Sounds familiar.

To be fair to TM, they’ve had some decent products: RBZ, M1, M2, Sim have all been highly rated.

The problem is their tendency to update a product with minimal perceived improvement: RBZ followed by RBZ Stage 2, SIM and SIM 2, now Stealth and Stealth 2. Maybe they should call it Steal.
Similar for me. TM R360 was my lifetime favourite driver. The last one that I could use from the fairway. Mine was one that became illegal as well.
I remember playing in a 1st team match at Melton Mowbray, finding a fortunate lie in the rough on a par 5 and smashing one onto the green for a tap-in eagle.