New Bargains Thread

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Cobra XL speed 10 piece golf set £479.98 @ Costco Trafford Park (maybe nationwide)
I know lots of people will make comments about starter sets but for some this will be just what they are looking for.
3851243_1.jpg

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Bay leaf tree that looked pretty poorly at work. Managed to talk the shift leader to knock 75% off so got it for a fiver. It's now repotted and fully watered. We'll have some nice fresh leaves next year. (y)

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Anyone near Silvermere, the outlet store upstairs at the driving range has Peter Millar shirts half price (those of you who are XXL may find the selection is limited... :))

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Frustrating day at Silvermere. Plenty of shoes in the sale but couldn't find anything to fit which was annoying. Managed to avoid the temptation to buy anything else as I went for shoes and anything else was buying for the sake of buying. Several nice adidas styles but even at size 9 they felt tight. Not much in the FJ that floated my boat and struggled to find any UA I liked.

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Frustrating day at Silvermere. Plenty of shoes in the sale but couldn't find anything to fit which was annoying. Managed to avoid the temptation to buy anything else as I went for shoes and anything else was buying for the sake of buying. Several nice adidas styles but even at size 9 they felt tight. Not much in the FJ that floated my boat and struggled to find any UA I liked.

HJS.....Thought that you had a direct line to Footjoy and were maybe even a 'preferred' shoe tester for them;)?

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Are Vice balls still really bad for durability?

The Tours are surlyn covered and so are quite hard and don’t suffer the durability issues.
Pro, Pro Plus and Pro Soft are all urethane covers and whilst they have improved a huge amount they still suffer scuffing. Not quite as durable as. Pro V but, IMO, not too far behind now.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Went to the pro18 direct golf shop at shirebrook yesterday.I saw a couple of Oscar Jacobson tops I liked. Had a £70 voucher for Christmas. Both tops were £140. I asked re price match having looked online. They did. I got both tops for £90.36. A saving of pence under £50. ?

jmcp

Visit site
Wish I had seen this :cry: how do these size anyone ? Might order a pair

Sizes seem pretty standard, I am a 9 in most shoes and the 9 in these fit ok, maybe slightly neat but they are leather uppers so I expect they will give a little after a few rounds. The biggest concern with them I have is after buying them, I came across some reviews on them and there seems to be an issue with them squeaking rather loudly after a short period of time, unfortunately I don’t expect to be wearing mines for a few months yet so won’t be able to test them out. Thanks.

Cheers, John