New Bargains Thread

phils226

Medal Winner
Visit site
Nike shows arrived yesterday, they look spiffing but they are woefully small. I’m a size 9 shoe I’m everything but these are like an 8. Now so I return them or stick them on EBay ?

Mine came today and I actually ordered a 1/2 size bigger and they are just about wearable. A lesson for the future with Nike shoes perhaps

sunshine

Visit site
Mine came today and I actually ordered a 1/2 size bigger and they are just about wearable. A lesson for the future with Nike shoes perhaps

I just bought a pair of Nike Air Zoom Infinity Tour (bit of a mouthful), and a lot of the reviews suggested you needed to order half a size larger than usual. However I just ordered my usual Nike size 9 and they fit fine. I don't think they would suddenly change their sizing, unless they are making different sizes for different markets.

Is it possible that Nike make a slightly different shape in different regions? For example maybe research has shown that American men have wider feet than Japanese men. I've always noticed with clothing that American golf shirts tend to be more baggy around the midriff. I remember struggling with a Durex product in Asia which was much smaller than the equivalent in the UK.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I just bought a pair of Nike Air Zoom Infinity Tour (bit of a mouthful), and a lot of the reviews suggested you needed to order half a size larger than usual. However I just ordered my usual Nike size 9 and they fit fine. I don't think they would suddenly change their sizing, unless they are making different sizes for different markets.

Is it possible that Nike make a slightly different shape in different regions? For example maybe research has shown that American men have wider feet than Japanese men. I've always noticed with clothing that American golf shirts tend to be more baggy around the midriff. I remember struggling with a Durex product in Asia which was much smaller than the equivalent in the UK.
Nike sizes are depend on the style/width.

My air Max 270 are a snug 10.5 but narrow. The air max 90 are a 9.5 and fit perfectly.

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
I have 6 pairs.I had to get a larger size!

I'd advise a shoe stretcher in them for a little bit before your first round. Mine were absolute feet killers otherwise.

HeftyHacker

Visit site

My air Max 270 are a snug 10.5 but narrow. The air max 90 are a 9.5 and fit perfectly.

Yeah I'd agree with this. I'm usually a 10 in Nike but my Air Max 1G's are pretty tight. Wish I'd gone a half size or more up tbh.

Perfect for the range or summer days with a buggy but not ideal when walking 18.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

I think it definitely comes down to width with Nike. I've had a few golf shoes and football boots from them, they are true to size but quite narrow, so if you have wide feet you'd maybe have to go up half a size to make them more roomy.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I think it definitely comes down to width with Nike. I've had a few golf shoes and football boots from them, they are true to size but quite narrow, so if you have wide feet you'd maybe have to go up half a size to make them more roomy.

I found football boots just as random. Premiers are true to size. I have a pair of 360 elite that are an 8.5. And a pair of mercurial vapor astros that are an 11. These are extremely narrow.

Yorkhacker

Visit site
Bought a pair of Skechers Pro 4 Legacy shoes from Hot Golf for £89.10 which included 10% off with code BF10. Haven't been able to find them anywhere else for less than £110, not even Snainton Golf

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Can anyone recommend mittens that attach to a powakaddy?

Old man wanted the heated motocaddy ones but theyre not compatible!

AliMc

Visit site
Can anyone recommend mittens that attach to a powakaddy?

Old man wanted the heated motocaddy ones but theyre not compatible!
Will be interested to see the responses to this, the morocaddy ones I have do fit into the USB port on my powakaddy but was advised not to use to prevent possible damage to the battery, I therefore use a separate poweradd energy cell, they're lovely and warm

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Will be interested to see the responses to this, the morocaddy ones I have do fit into the USB port on my powakaddy but was advised not to use to prevent possible damage to the battery, I therefore use a separate poweradd energy cell, they're lovely and warm

I saw a previous post about this - seems like its true!

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
Don't know if it's true or not but I certainly wasn't going to take the chance !
I never really know whether these warning are true, or just the manufacturer trying to convince customers to buy their own products/covering their arse if something does happen to go wrong. Like you though, I'm not sure I would take the risk.

Saying that, I've used non Samsung USB cables to charge my phone for about a year now, and it works like a treat.