New Bargains Thread

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Sorry Tashy....same name but different folk-and teams-funny though, pretty much the same body shape:whistle:
No, the one I'm referring to is the former Hearts of Midlothian legend + a couple of other clubs, among them was a spell at Newcastle United!
Great wee scorer, had the great habit of being in right spot, right time-sometimes in the last minute!!
The J.R. you refer to earned himself quite a few pages in 'Old Big ead's' book as a slovenly, smoking,:) untidy, badly dressed tramp-who happened to have a wand of a left foot
I could not of described him Better. He turned up with the European cup and the super cup. I had a Polaroid photo took for a quid. Picked up the European cup and nearly dropped it ? his face was a picture.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Shotscope V3 GPS watch with tags £166.41 at Amazon.
61x97M3+hYS._AC_SX679_.jpg

phils226

Medal Winner
Visit site
I psted previously that also the Shotscope V2 looks good value at £69.90 from here at Online Golf and it includes 16 tags. Not for me as I love my Garmin Vivoactive but thought I'd post as someone may be interested and maybe a good Xmas present.

Here

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site

I had a TM cart bag that didn't last six months so won't be purchasing this and as for a watch costing 160 notes that gives the same info as you can get for free from a phone app, then that's not really a bargain, unless of course it realigns your swing as you do it so that you strike the ball perfectly everytime. Does it so this?
Sorry Robbo, I'm here so save people's money. I do it time and time again. Not that some listen. Sometimes you just gotta buy the shiny things

Yorkhacker

Visit site
as for a watch costing 160 notes that gives the same info as you can get for free from a phone app, then that's not really a bargain

You pays your money and makes your choice. Why does anybody pay £x for a sky caddie if they can get the same from a free app? Judging by your clubs, you prefer to spend your money on things other than golf equipment. Fair play to you, but not everyone is the same.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I had a TM cart bag that didn't last six months so won't be purchasing this and as for a watch costing 160 notes that gives the same info as you can get for free from a phone app, then that's not really a bargain, unless of course it realigns your swing as you do it so that you strike the ball perfectly everytime. Does it so this?
Sorry Robbo, I'm here so save people's money. I do it time and time again. Not that some listen. Sometimes you just gotta buy the shiny things
I'm not telling people to buy things, I'm just pointing out deals. You may not like TM bags, others do. I have the Shotscope V3 and I'd rather use this easily from my wrist than hunt for a phone in the pouring rain on every shot. Horses for Courses.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'm not telling people to buy things, I'm just pointing out deals. You may not like TM bags, others do. I have the Shotscope V3 and I'd rather use this easily from my wrist than hunt for a phone in the pouring rain on every shot. Horses for Courses.

My ‘free’ app failed on me today. I’ve always been of the mind that an Apple Watch plus an app (hole19 for me) prevents the need for a golf specific device. But that’s probably 3 times this year that I’ve spent the first couple of holes fiddling around trying to get a round going on my watch and given up in the end, and I’m now set on getting a golf watch.

V3 looks decent value with the scoring and stats it provides ??

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My ‘free’ app failed on me today. I’ve always been of the mind that an Apple Watch plus an app (hole19 for me) prevents the need for a golf specific device. But that’s probably 3 times this year that I’ve spent the first couple of holes fiddling around trying to get a round going on my watch and given up in the end, and I’m now set on getting a golf watch.

I found the free app worked well for years ... I used to use gamegolf on Apple watch or hole 19.. it's when Apple watch decided to go did I think I'll just get a golf watch

No harm in treating yourself now and again

Free apps are great but no harm in a watch

Lots of people I know have Garmin watches for like running which double as a golf watch as the tech is just there

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site

Skydroid is your friend.
It's been on my phone for years and has, so far, been absolutely faultless.
It even gives you the facility of mapping courses yourself!

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Skydroid is your friend.
Like that mapping of own courses would be good to map winter greens on some I play more often

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Skydroid is your friend.

The one I’ve got is usually on but every now and then it lets me down. Missus has been bugging me to let her know what I want for Christmas so I might as well take the plunge on a proper golf watch…

Boomy

Visit site

I seem to remember a few posts from you a short while ago making poor excuses for losing a competition and over hitting to greens? Why? because one of your free apps wasn’t working right…. (I’ve never had any issues with my Garmin watch mapping ?)

To a person shopping for a bag, or a watch these may well be a bargain and something they were looking for! Nobody is forcing you to read the thread or buy anything shared on it. What a walloper!

D

Deleted member 15344

https://forums.golfmonthly.com/threads/beware-golf-apps.110270/

maybe you should buy a better GPS after having issues with your free one

steadyon

Hacker
Visit site
You might not by it but that is still a decent bargain for folks who want one. It’s a lot less than my Garmin watch. I’ve tried now app on phone and watch, both work but I hate looking at that damn phone every 10 minutes, a quick glance down at the watch is so convenient. Is worth £250, well, it is to me.

phils226

Medal Winner
Visit site
You might not by it but that is still a decent bargain for folks who want one. It’s a lot less than my Garmin watch. I’ve tried now app on phone and watch, both work but I hate looking at that damn phone every 10 minutes, a quick glance down at the watch is so convenient. Is worth £250, well, it is to me.

I have the Garimin Music Vivoactive - It's not only brilliant for golf but I can listen to podcasts and songs when runnung without taking me phone with me. For my golf I can replay the round after using the Connect software. I too hated previously constantly getting my phone out with the Free Apps. Idefinitely had my money's worth with my Garmin watch

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
If anyone's looking for water bottles, I just looked at Chilly's and they're doing a Black Friday sale. I've got two 750ml bottles (for me and for the wife) for £17.50 each. Colour dependant, as some colours are cheaper than others.