New Bargains Thread

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
https://www.sportpursuit.com/ have some decent bargains on offer today. On the golf specific front they have a fair bit of Stuburt gear, with shirts from about £11, and sweaters from £19 if anyone is interested. They also have a lot of base layer gear from the likes of Under Armour and a host of Scandinavian ski companies, also gear from Sealskinz, Vans and FatFace amongst others.

You have to subscribe to get their offers, but it's free. I don't get inundated with email from them as you can tailor the news letters, I have the options set to golf only on a weekly basis.

I’ve bought several bits from them. 2 pairs of NB trainers and an Oscar Jacobson golf top

Springveldt

Visit site
This was in the golf Irritations thread, but seemed appropriate to re-post a ball bargain here;

Tried both the Honma TW-X & TW-S today; absolutely nothing wrong with them at the price, the S seemed very grippy on short pitches, both stopped dead from distance. Well worth a look.

https://www.onlinegolf.co.uk/accessories/balls/honma

Extra 5% off on 2 dozen or more at the moment.
Just watched a couple of YouTube videos on these. A urethane ball for £19 a dozen is worth a go. I’ve just order 2 dozen of them.

MikeF86

Visit site
Taylor Made Pro 8.0 Stand Bag in Black and Red - £72.51 at Amazon

61P6KrzrZAL._AC_SL1200_.jpg
Been on the lookout for a 'cheap' carry bag for the quick 9 holes after work once the light permits, just ordered this so thanks for the heads up.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Just watched a couple of YouTube videos on these. A urethane ball for £19 a dozen is worth a go. I’ve just order 2 dozen of them.

Have been using the TWS since last autumn, it's a really good ball, and the price is very good. Compares highly with both the old TM Project(a) and the Wilson DX3 Soft, which were both extremely good budget 3 piece balls.

Haven't tried the new Costco v2.0 Urethane 3 piece ball yet, but that is also getting good reviews, and is even cheaper, at approx £24 for 2 dozen.

Springveldt

Visit site
Have been using the TWS since last autumn, it's a really good ball, and the price is very good. Compares highly with both the old TM Project(a) and the Wilson DX3 Soft, which were both extremely good budget 3 piece balls.

Haven't tried the new Costco v2.0 Urethane 3 piece ball yet, but that is also getting good reviews, and is even cheaper, at approx £24 for 2 dozen.
If they are as good as the Project(a) I will be delighted. Used that ball for a couple of seasons and really liked it. Loved the price as well as I was getting 3 dozen for £70 at the time.

These Homna have just cost £37.90 for 2 dozen. That’s cheaper than eBay prices for used ProV1 balls.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

I’m going to be doing a ball test on the launch monitor with my pro, mentioned these to him, I’m going to take one of each with me and see how they compare.

One of my playing partners last Saturday tried both and ordered the TWS. He’s normally a ProV1 man and felt the TWX was a little firmer than he liked.

Springveldt

Visit site
I’m going to be doing a ball test on the launch monitor with my pro, mentioned these to him, I’m going to take one of each with me and see how they compare.

One of my playing partners last Saturday tried both and ordered the TWS. He’s normally a ProV1 man and felt the TWX was a little firmer than he liked.
Oh, I’ve ordered the TW-X ones not the S so I’m guessing they won’t feel like the Project(a). Shouldn’t make a difference as I went from the Project(a) to the Bridgestone Tour BRX and BX and didn’t mind how they felt.

Nearly all urethane balls I’ve tried work well as my swing speed of around 100mph isn’t enough to notice the ball speed difference between the soft and firmer ones.

Both the reviews I saw of the TW-X were consistent in that it spun a little less on driver and wedge and a little more on the 7 iron which was interesting.

Larry long dog

Visit site

Loved the old/old project a…not found a ball that suits my game better so hoping these TWS do the job cheers!

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
If they are as good as the Project(a) I will be delighted. Used that ball for a couple of seasons and really liked it. Loved the price as well as I was getting 3 dozen for £70 at the time.

These Homna have just cost £37.90 for 2 dozen. That’s cheaper than eBay prices for used ProV1 balls.

Not my prices. ?