hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site

sunshine

Visit site
brilliant kit

I own two waterproof ones.

Really recommend them

I'm thinking about getting a big max bag. At the moment I can't decide whether to go for:
a. water resistant dri-lite hybrid £140
b. water proof aqua hybrid £200

Very similar bags (size, pockets, dividers etc), just not sure if water resistant will do the job or if it's worth £60 extra for fully waterproof.

Any advice most appreciated. Thanks!

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Waterproof, you'll regret buying the water resistant the first time your caught in a downpour, I just upgraded to a titleist staydry after doing a lot of research, I'm more than happy with my choice been caught in heavy rain 4 times and its held up great

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Im looking too, the black friday sales should have some at a reduced rate, once the new one is available for sale that's when the f9 will heavily drop in price might be worth while waiting a couple of months

Am waiting on this too. Watched Rick Shiels review yesterday comparing old with new. He's been playing with an F9 all year, says the new Speedzone gave him 0.4 mile an hour extra cluhead speed, but no difference on any other aspect of his shot to the F9. Still likes the Speedzone and thinks it will be the club to beat next year, but only go for that if you haven't got an F9. It's not worth the upgrade from an F9. Must admit that I do like the new wrap around face on the Speedzone, will reduce skymarks (not that I ever put those on my clubs :eek::oops::p), and I also like the new headcovers. It's the same price as the F9, but if the F9 appears in sales shortly, will probably plumb for it.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Am waiting on this too. Watched Rick Shiels review yesterday comparing old with new. He's been playing with an F9 all year, says the new Speedzone gave him 0.4 mile an hour extra cluhead speed, but no difference on any other aspect of his shot to the F9. Still likes the Speedzone and thinks it will be the club to beat next year, but only go for that if you haven't got an F9. It's not worth the upgrade from an F9. Must admit that I do like the new wrap around face on the Speedzone, will reduce skymarks (not that I ever put those on my clubs :eek::oops::p), and I also like the new headcovers. It's the same price as the F9, but if the F9 appears in sales shortly, will probably plumb for it.
I tried the F9 at my fitting and it was no better to my old Ping G30. Dunno why Rick raves about it so much. :LOL: G410 and the Callaway Rogue were much better for me.

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
I had a demo of the f9 and it didn't really give me much more than the f7 I currently use, the guy actually said I should just dial in what I'm using by shifting weights and loft settings before I consider and upgrade so I might do that over the winter and see how I am come march

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm thinking about getting a big max bag. At the moment I can't decide whether to go for:
a. water resistant dri-lite hybrid £140
b. water proof aqua hybrid £200

Very similar bags (size, pockets, dividers etc), just not sure if water resistant will do the job or if it's worth £60 extra for fully waterproof.

Any advice most appreciated. Thanks!

I have a dri lite and the aqua

Each is as good as each other and stops my main gripe. ie wet canvas / synthetic bags starting to stink of damp in the boot of the car

sunshine

Visit site

If you see reducing skymarks is a positive factor, then an extra 0.4mph club head speed is going to make zero difference to you :ROFLMAO:

sunshine

Visit site
I have a dri lite and the aqua

Each is as good as each other and stops my main gripe. ie wet canvas / synthetic bags starting to stink of damp in the boot of the car

Thanks. I suspect that Big Max's water resistant is as good as other brands' water proof bags, but it's just a hunch.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
If you see reducing skymarks is a positive factor, then an extra 0.4mph club head speed is going to make zero difference to you :ROFLMAO:

More about paint chips I suppose - see the thread on the chap who had an issue with his new F9 chipping paint off the top of the face. I doubt very much I will get an extra 0.4 mph, so reducing the chance of skymarks is the only positive aside from the new headcover :ROFLMAO: