New Bargains Thread

mister v

Visit site
those cobra one length make a lot of sense to me, im suprised that other manufacturers haven't brought out a variation of them

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
3 for 2 on wilson staff optix balls at American golf. Bought a dozen for me for winter and 2 boxes as xmas presents

Roland

Assistant Pro
www.canal-view.co.uk
Seen this price on Ping G irons which I thought was good at £359

https://www.jamgolf.com/product/g-irons-steel-shafts

Has anyone though ever bought pings going by the online custom fit and how reliable is it ?

Yes I did it for my G20 irons several years ago. I came out regular for everything. When I went to Gainsborough for a proper fitting this year they changed my lie from black to green and because I was between regular and midsize grip they suggested 2 layers of tape as a compromise.
I think in hindsight I should have got help when I measured myself up using the online system instead of holding the tape measure in my teeth!

NorwichBanana

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Seen this price on Ping G irons which I thought was good at £359

https://www.jamgolf.com/product/g-irons-steel-shafts

Has anyone though ever bought pings going by the online custom fit and how reliable is it ?
Personally had nothing but issues with the clubs. PING did keep repairing them, but the issues continued. Eventually swapped them for a set of Srixons.
Weights kept falling out, irons started to rust. I sent them back 5 times in a 6-8 month period.

Bobby19

Visit site
Personally had nothing but issues with the clubs. PING did keep repairing them, but the issues continued. Eventually swapped them for a set of Srixons.
Weights kept falling out, irons started to rust. I sent them back 5 times in a 6-8 month period.

Will avoid that then thank you

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Sorry for being "that" person that totally puts you off. But felt like I had to be honest.
A chap I play with on a regular basis also has the PING G irons and loves them....maybe I had a bad batch - who knows!?

Ping Customer Service is usually top notch, all products come with a lifetime warranty on them and they (in my experience) always replace any "faulty" products.

I've played Ping for over 25 years now and always had any issues rectified.

NorwichBanana

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Ping Customer Service is usually top notch, all products come with a lifetime warranty on them and they (in my experience) always replace any "faulty" products.

I've played Ping for over 25 years now and always had any issues rectified.
I was told the same. I have no issues with the fact they always accepted my irons back to fix the issue - but it wasn't ever fixed without further fault.
I sent my whole set away the 4th time and they said I was going to get a full replacement. When the new clubs arrived the faces still had marks from where I'd previously hit them....no longer than a month later another weight fell out so I returned them to the shop and I had a new set of (much nicer) shiny Srixons :)!

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I was told the same. I have no issues with the fact they always accepted my irons back to fix the issue - but it wasn't ever fixed without further fault.
I sent my whole set away the 4th time and they said I was going to get a full replacement. When the new clubs arrived the faces still had marks from where I'd previously hit them....no longer than a month later another weight fell out so I returned them to the shop and I had a new set of (much nicer) shiny Srixons :)!

I'm not sure how you could expect new irons for a simple thing a swing weight coming loose, it's only a bit of glue to fix that!

Would you expect Mercedes-Benz to replace your car if a window wiper motor went 3 times on it???

NorwichBanana

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'm not sure how you could expect new irons for a simple thing a swing weight coming loose, it's only a bit of glue to fix that!

Would you expect Mercedes-Benz to replace your car if a window wiper motor went 3 times on it???
I had a weight fall out of a 5 iron twice (once after it had been returned) and 2 other irons once - something wasn't quite right?

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
I had a weight fall out of a 5 iron twice (once after it had been returned) and 2 other irons once - something wasn't quite right?
Bit of resin epoxy on it, no chance it would come loose again unless you melted it off. Would take 5 mins much less hassle than sending irons off all the time, that's just crazy for such a simple thing, clubs are held together with glue from the factory

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I has serious issues with my I25's and the weights falling out. Fortunately I found the 7 iron weight so managed to araldite that back in but never found the 8 or 9 iron ones and didn't want to be without clubs in a busy part of the season so played without. Partly the reason I invested in my "almost" new I series. So far so good with those

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sorry for being "that" person that totally puts you off. But felt like I had to be honest.
A chap I play with on a regular basis also has the PING G irons and loves them....maybe I had a bad batch - who knows!?

Lad I play with had to send a brand new set of Ping irons back twice, both the original and replacement set rusted quite badly within a couple of weeks. Haven’t seen him for a couple of months so I don’t know the outcome, he did say one more set goes rusty and he’s getting his cash back.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Posted in the battery thread but thought I'd add it here as well.

I've just picked up an email from Powerhouse Golf offering an 18-27 hole Lithium battery reduced from £149.99 to £99.99 by using code 149299. That's including the charger.
Seems like a bargain to me.
LINK TO BATTERY OFFER
You can also get the 36 hole battery at £149.00.