New Bargains Thread

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
What are the speakers like on the Dot? We have an Echo and love it. Tempted by a Dot but am not sure it can deliver in the same way.

Don't know yet stuff not arrived, but I chose it 3rd gen coz it is supposed to be much better speakers that 2nd gen ,and that is what it is mainly used for. (playing music)

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What are the speakers like on the Dot? We have an Echo and love it. Tempted by a Dot but am not sure it can deliver in the same way.

Look at the UE mega blast if Alexa functionality included and sound quality is important

It’s the size of a thermos but delivers a huge punch. Great hardware

Superb kit honestly
Waterproof and mobile battery powered too. Lasts about 10 hours on full charge at high volume levels.

User 99

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Under Armour have 30% off everything this week, bought a pair of Speith 2 shoes this morning.

Bought a couple of things from UA today, one was less than half what I paid for exactly the same earlier in the season, in different colours obviously.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Don't know yet stuff not arrived, but I chose it 3rd gen coz it is supposed to be much better speakers that 2nd gen ,and that is what it is mainly used for. (playing music)
My wife has just ordered me a 3rd Gen one for my upcoming birthday. 3rd Gen one gets much better reviews for the speaker, as you say.

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
My wife has just ordered me a 3rd Gen one for my upcoming birthday. 3rd Gen one gets much better reviews for the speaker, as you say.

I have a full echo and the dot, the sound quality isn't as good (although 2nd Gen) but I don't think particularly noticeable. It also depends on use, so lounge/kitchen you may want better quality, but bedroom/study the dot works really well and is just a really good alarm clock/system when in there so you can deal with all sorts of things.

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
If you have both 2nd and 3rd gen dot then you will know the difference. 2nd gen dot was inferior to the echo but given the huge step up on the dot 3 it will be interesting to see how sales of the echo go. I've never had an echo but heard them in use and the 3rd gen dot is so close in performance, especially if size is important

D

Deleted member 16999

Read a couple of reviews today discussing 2nd v 3rd Gen, conclusion seems to be if you have a 2nd Gen it’s not worth upgrading, but if you’re new to the market, go for the 3rd gen.

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Sainsbury’s have 25% off all TU clothing. Even stuff already on sale. Not golf specific but you might get something of interest (eg t-shirts, gloves, hat)

SAPCOR1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

We have gen 2 and 3 and there isn’t much difference in sound quality. Both are pretty crap for anything but background music, but too be fair, so are all the other smart speakers I’ve heard. Great for turning on lights and attaching to “proper” hi-fi

pool888

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Clubhouse golf have some good offers, decided to go for the Cobra One length at £229 for 5-GW. I find the concept interesting, I believe the F8 are improved and F9 will be out fairly soon but not willing to shell out £500+ on something that may not work for me. Hopefully I will not take a huge hit on eBay if I need to sell them on. The Srixon Z355 irons look great value at £199 as well.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Clubhouse golf have some good offers, decided to go for the Cobra One length at £229 for 5-GW. I find the concept interesting, I believe the F8 are improved and F9 will be out fairly soon but not willing to shell out £500+ on something that may not work for me. Hopefully I will not take a huge hit on eBay if I need to sell them on. The Srixon Z355 irons look great value at £199 as well.
They seem to hold their value pretty well so if they don't work you shouldn't take much of a hit. That seems a cracking price.

Wolf

Visit site
Got yourself a good deal there, bought myself a set couple weeks back, used them in range a few times and taking them out to the course this week already love how they feel on long irons, I don't find any issue either with the longer shafted short irons feels much easier to repeat the swing throughout them all.

Happy golfing and look forward to how you get on

pool888

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Yes everywhere else still appear to be around £310 - £360, price will likely go down once F9 is on the go and they are 2 generations old, but £229 seems a great price just now.

Wolf

Visit site
Yes everywhere else still appear to be around £310 - £360, price will likely go down once F9 is on the go and they are 2 generations old, but £229 seems a great price just now.
I was lucky and got mine for £279, they are 2 generations old but only just over a year old when you think about it and nothing changes that much in such a short space of time. Plus means in a couple years can go again as money outlay is pretty low when you consider what you got for the price you paid.