New Adidas adiZero Shoe

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Think everyone knows my brand of choice but the grey/white ones look tasty. I have fitting issues with adidas but if I could find a pair that fits then maybe I may have a pair of interlopers in my cupboard

Idlenorth1

Head Pro
Visit site
I just do not find Adidas golf shoes comfortable at all, had a couple of pairs now and both either rubbed badly or soles were not soft enough and always played last few holes with sore feet. Moved over to FJ's and had no probs at all
Still love my Adidas trainers though, my latest samba's are just so comfy, quite bizarre from the same company

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Always been an Adidas whore when it comes to sport shoes. Per chance I happened in to American Golf yesterday, about 5 mins after they'd taken their first delivery of these. I tried on the white/yellow tour version, and the white/ yellow soled 6 spike version, which is kind of a hybrid between the adicross spikeless sole and a regular spiked sole. Have to say that I liked both pairs, very very very light, and a really comfy fit. Usually with Adidas I have to get a size larger because of their narrow fit, but not in this case. They do half sizes too. I was wearing two pairs of socks and have a wide foot, but the shoe went on absolutely perfectly in both cases, in fact a lot more comfortable than the FJ's mentioned above.

I felt like Cinderalla, problem is I just bought a new pair of FJ's in the sale there about 3 weeks back. "Not a problem sir" the sales guy said, "if you still have the receipt or bought with your AG card you can bring them back and exchange against the adizero". They are £129 for the tour version, and £79 for the 6 spike version in AG. A little pricey but a nice looking shoe in my colour, and I really do like the tour version.

One box put aside. New FJ's, a couple of Tesco clubcard vouchers and some ebay sale profts in my pocket will be carted over at the weekend to pick these beauties up. Just need to convince myself that they will be fine with my blue tartan trews.........

I know the usual anti Adidas brigade will chime in about heels wearing inside and waterproofing issues, but these come with a spare pair of insoles, and a two year waterproof guarantee and as I said above, a good fit. Note it says one year warranty on the box, but as Direct Golf note, it is actually two (http://www.direct-golf.co.uk/golf_s.../p15260.aspx?gclid=COytqcTEgLUCFU3HtAodcywAVA).

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
I know the usual anti Adidas brigade will chime in about heels wearing inside and waterproofing issues, .

thats because it's a recognised design flaw, !! I'd never buy adidas again after my 360 atv's, for the same money you can buy Ecco and there really isn't any comparison in quality.

I am tiny bit interested in seeing if they have solved the heel area, as that's been a problem on the last 2-3 360 versions, but I'd never wear any, they look awful, like a pair of cheap plastic 1980's football boots IMO :eek:

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
thats because it's a recognised design flaw, !!.....

I've had 5 pairs of Adidas golf shoes in the last 5 or 6 years. I've never experienced the problems in the heel that others on here have. Did have one pair that leaked like a sieve from new, Adidas replaced them straight away and let me keep the leaky pair for dry days. The other 4 pairs have all been fine, comfy fit and waterproof within their warranty and longer. The new ones have a 2 year warranty too, so worst case, will get them replaced if I have trouble.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've had 5 pairs of Adidas golf shoes in the last 5 or 6 years. I've never experienced the problems in the heel that others on here have. .

you must have dainty ladies feet:D

I liked the styling of the 360 atvs, thought they are a good looking shoe

the new ones just remind me of these

adizero-tour_wd_q47087_profile3.jpgAdidas-predator-accelerator.jpg

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Do i need to dive on floor and roll around pretending im injured when i hit a bad shot if i wear these? :D

Crawfy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Always worn Nike shoes as feel they are the most comfy, although I do like the look of these bad boys. I think I will refrain as I really want a pair of velcro Adicross II's ( the Nike wingtips are minging) as they are due to hit the stores in Feb. Perfect for some summer golf in Belek.

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
So far I'm not impressed with Adidas golf shoes despite great trainers and football boots. My Adipure leaked despite wearing for long periods in dry weather , it was only recently with the wet weather they leaked. Anyway got a replacement set free from Adidas as they had a 2 year guarantee. Will see how these hold up but for me there's only one great shoe and that's Ecco. Fantastic long wearing straight out of the box comfort. You might pay slightly more but well, we'll worth it.
Someone might clarify despite these new replacement shoes coming with a 2 year guarantee, as they were replaced free of charge the guarantee is backdated to the original purchase date. Which means these new ones won't be guaranteed as the original 2 year period has just expired.
Is that correct ?

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Saw them in the shop for real today and they're very, very tasty. But no ladies version :(

indeed - I have to admit they looked and felt (in the hand) well made and quite interesting construction.

they claim to have used a slightly wider last for these, which probably accounts for the comment above re width, which is also a good thing for most.

I had Adidas shoes a long time ago, but on both pairs the soles split right across the 'power bar' or whatever it was at that time, very early in the shoes life (with lots of shoes and a job at that time they were out of warranty but almost unused!).

This is the frist shoe that might tempt me to try them again.

ps I thought the yellow one was the ladies version? :)

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Saw them in the shop for real today and they're very, very tasty. But no ladies version :(

You mean like these

130103_adidas_aditou_women_460.jpg