Need a little help with my swing..

DjW

Medal Winner
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Was just out mucking around at the range today seeing as it wasn't to bad a day. So thought I would get the phone out and see what the old swing was looking like..

Have put two links below, one with my 52* wedge and one with the driver...

It looks like I pop up through impact a lot with the driver...not as bad with the wedge. Is this a bad thing?? if so what do I need to change to try and stop myself doing this!

Any help would be appreciated! :cheers:

[video]http://www.swingreader.com/video/view/uxvGtgG3/unknown-untagged[/video]

[video]http://www.swingreader.com/video/view/nRPSsRoo/unknown-untagged[/video]

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I'm no longer a great fan of using SwingReader with this aspect as there seems to be considerable distortion of angles - look at the supposedly parallel edges of the mat. May not, of course, be SR but the camera/phone that is the cause. But specific lines become difficult to resolve.

Driver swing seems to be a little 'flaily' which tends to result in slices from an out-to-in path. Nice rhythm though.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Try and weaken your grip a touch (that should help with the shots that shoot off left) and then try and maintain the angle (shown in red) you've set in your body at address throughout the swing.

Photo0drt.jpg

It also looks like your weight is a little in your toes on your driver swing

Last edited:

DjW

Medal Winner
Visit site
I'm no longer a great fan of using SwingReader with this aspect as there seems to be considerable distortion of angles - look at the supposedly parallel edges of the mat. May not, of course, be SR but the camera/phone that is the cause. But specific lines become difficult to resolve.

Driver swing seems to be a little 'flaily' which tends to result in slices from an out-to-in path. Nice rhythm though.

It might well be where the phone is propped up as its on a bench which isnt directly behind the mat...

I can see what you mean about the flaily arms.. lesson time soon I think.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I see you coming down too steep and outside. You then have to early extend(pull your backside in and stand up) to make room for your arms to get the club to the ball.

You need to drop the club onto a lower plane in the transition. I hope this makes sense to you, can explain more if you want.

DjW

Medal Winner
Visit site
I see you coming down too steep and outside. You then have to early extend(pull your backside in and stand up) to make room for your arms to get the club to the ball.

You need to drop the club onto a lower plane in the transition. I hope this makes sense to you, can explain more if you want.

I think I maybe understand what you mean :rolleyes:

So is my swing plane to steep, so should i try and not take my club away so much on the outside and not go so upright at the top of my backswing??.. I honestly know very little about the technical side of the golf swing...will be getting my first ever lesson as soon as I get my irons back from the fitter so hopefully he will be able to help me sort out anything that's thats not right. :fore:

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
[video=youtube;QD5dfrYF-VU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QD5dfrYF-VU[/video]

i was hitting the driver well with this video in mind last weekend. watch it and let me know what you think ?

DjW

Medal Winner
Visit site
Interesting video, was trying to compare that ruffly to my swing and can see what he's on about...will give that a go as it cant do any harm :)

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Hi DJW,
When using SR put a line on your shaft at address (driver) and you'll see how far outside that line you take the club away, draw another one before impact and you'll see you have come in below that line -good- but still outside address line. Try and take the club away as one unit triangle of your chest and two arms which should bring the club more inside for the first 2 feet, then you can go up, this will be a less armsy takeaway. Do this in combination with Bobs post about maintaining height angles and I think you will feel a much more solid contact.
Just my opinion based on 1 swing. Bob's trained eye probably spotted more and you will get loads from a face to face lesson.

All the best