N/R Penalties

Visit site
If I’m having a hideous day on the course and my mind is in turmoil, I’d much rather apologise to my pp’s and leave the course straight away then carry on.
I used to get annoyed on the course years ago and it would severely impact on my game and my pp’s if I carried on. I’ve learnt since then and the Importance has lessened, but if it got that I’m not enjoying what’s happening, then I’d have no hesitation to leave.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
If I’m having a hideous day on the course and my mind is in turmoil, I’d much rather apologise to my pp’s and leave the course straight away then carry on.
I used to get annoyed on the course years ago and it would severely impact on my game and my pp’s if I carried on. I’ve learnt since then and the Importance has lessened, but if it got that I’m not enjoying what’s happening, then I’d have no hesitation to leave.
No problem with that but just hand your card in before you leave.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

It's my preference that people leave if they are doing their own head in and bringing down the atmosphere for everyone else.

A player excused himself after 9 of our 36 hole scratch cup this year leaving me and another guy to it.

He did us all a favour. He said its 9 o'clock. You boys enjoy the rest of your day and I'm off to walk the dog.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
It's my preference that people leave if they are doing their own head in and bringing down the atmosphere for everyone else.

A player excused himself after 9 of our 36 hole scratch cup this year leaving me and another guy to it.

He did us all a favour. He said its 9 o'clock. You boys enjoy the rest of your day and I'm off to walk the dog.
That's my philosophy, why waste everybody's day, sign and hand in your card and move on, tomorrows only gonna be another .1, :ROFLMAO:

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site

Yes, but would you keep doing it on numerous occasions.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I would and do often when i feel that way.
What's difference between a NR [ card returned and entered ] and a net 130 , under the present CSS system ?, and in the upcoming WHS system ?
except for saving some time and misery :p

Visit site

No.

It has got bad in the past, even in social games I've left, as I find walking away more benefit then slugging it out. If I know mentally I'm not right then I won't play in comps until I feel I've sorted whatever it is out.

Swango1980

Visit site
I've no problem, under CONGU, if someone N/Rs if they are having a bad day. After all, they still go up 0.1 and contribute towards CSS. I would of course have an issue if they N/Red to stop them getting a cut, but I've never known this to happen personally.

Under WHS, I guess not handing in a card cannot be dealt so straightforwardly, especially if a player fails to hand in cards regularly. As I see it, I'd still be happy with an N/R if a player gave up on a hole, so long as they continue to do their best on the remaining holes and enter their scores. This would appease most that N/R I imagine, although not those that simply walk off the course. In my opinion, walking off the course simply because you're unhappy with your golf that day is out of order. You may also be leaving a 2 ball stuck behind 3 balls, thus making the game seem much slower for them. Surely you can't be so miserable that the guys in your group are glad to see the back of you?