myRoundPro Microsoft Band user group

Roland

Assistant Pro
www.canal-view.co.uk
That's a bit odd. Our club celebrated it's Centenary in 1993, so is just over 120 years old??

Ha ha, I just read the headline at the bottom of your website "Chelmsford Golf Club Opens 2016" skipped the bit about it being the "oldest traditional, private members' clubs in the county". You might be in luck then.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Actually managed first 18 holes of 2016 yesterday, just a practice knock. Back on full greens, and the white tees were out as was a comp earlier in the day, although many of the yellows were still in protecting / winter positions. I used a few of each.

Band - another little "tip" that I had not noticed before, if you have gone to the next hole and it had not already picked up, as well as the double press, I found a single press to force it to give the yardage tended to make it prompt for the hole confirmation.
Finding it easy to use now.

MyRoundPro - mixed news. Had an update saying the course issue (2 tee placements) I had raised had now been done. So for those waiting on course issues/updates may be some light. However, something seems to have gone wrong and this course is now not working at all. Hopefully something simple that can be sorted quickly - logged a support request.

robemosc

Club Champion
Visit site
Used the MS Band on a few rounds! Picked it up for £30'ish before christmas at O2 store. Initially loved it but have felt it rub on my arm last few rounds.

live the stats and development areas but seems slightly stale already

James123789

Visit site
Been using the band for approx 5 months. The band itself is fantastic and the stats are amazing. However, support from taylormade is non existent. Course data is wrong (yardage and par) for my home course, easy to fix. First raised in April, radio silence since. Raised numerous times, never getting more than the initial response.

The stats produced are fantastic and in a different league to game golf. I just wish TM would support the software as it could be truly amazing.

BubbaP

Visit site
I see TM have release a myRoundPro app. Anyone used it?
Has it's release made any changes to the support, does anyone have experience?

I actually used my old band a couple of months back as I was outside of Europe and my old Garmin S1 didn't have the courses. But didn't actually load anything up to myRoundPro. I was a tad rusty on the band controls to be honest.

James123789

Visit site
I see TM have release a myRoundPro app. Anyone used it?
Has it's release made any changes to the support, does anyone have experience?

I actually used my old band a couple of months back as I was outside of Europe and my old Garmin S1 didn't have the courses. But didn't actually load anything up to myRoundPro. I was a tad rusty on the band controls to be honest.

Support is still non existent even though the app itself looks good. Support is so bad that when I raised this with them on their facebook page they marked my comment as spam!
[FONT=&quot]https://twitter.com/james121a/status/901386029403439104

[/FONT]

Roland

Assistant Pro
www.canal-view.co.uk
Yes have to agree that support seems a bit thin. I got offered the app in Beta and it's OK but quite fiddly when you come to putting. You have to mark the position of the flag, mark the putts, correct the distance of each putt then complete the hole. You can't really do the putting bit until you've putted out and by then your fellow players are teeing up for the next hole so you end up rushing through it. Only good thing about it is that the putting stats are proper strokes gained rather than estimated with the Game Golf App.

James123789

Visit site
Yes have to agree that support seems a bit thin. I got offered the app in Beta and it's OK but quite fiddly when you come to putting. You have to mark the position of the flag, mark the putts, correct the distance of each putt then complete the hole. You can't really do the putting bit until you've putted out and by then your fellow players are teeing up for the next hole so you end up rushing through it. Only good thing about it is that the putting stats are proper strokes gained rather than estimated with the Game Golf App.

It is the most infuriating product. It has the potential to provide unequalled stats and data, if only it was supported properly. I still find myself manually entering data into MRP (based on my Gamegolf tags) because the strokes gained data is so good.

BubbaP

Visit site
I see they are ending the desktop site in the new year.
I did download the android app recently just to check my home course is still messed up (and it was). I put a support request in but just the usual silence.
I've just switched my account to a gmail one, and sent another support request on the off chance. If they could just reply or anything it could be resolved in minutes I am sure. The errors are so obvious.

BubbaP

Visit site
Thought I'd distract myself from the news/politics by having an annual look at progress.

Bar a couple of tees, the course I am a member at now actually looks almost correct, but on several holes the scorecard has no relation to the mapping.

I.e. mapping shows 496 yards, scorecard par 3 172 yds, that sort of thing.

There is a new Report Issue option which looks improved, so 7 of those have gone off to them.

BubbaP

Visit site
Well there you go, different set up for support and it is like night and day. Received an email asking some questions, passed a link to the club website which has hole by hole images and card, and all sorted. It really could have been that easy previously.
I best give it a try now.
Might even dust off the band and see if it still works.