My swing

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Sawtooth

Thanks for that. Actually it was Maidenhead Golf Centre. The tempo is a lot better than it was even three months ago where the backswing and downswing were the same blur of flailing limbs but work still in progress.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sounds sweet.....that's got to be a good sign.

I particularly enjoyed the not so great shot someone played from a few bays along, just before you hit your 6 iron!

(You can't beat a topped 7 iron 50 degrees left of target!!)

Sorry, I've watched it 5 times just to enjoy..... :)

- - -

If you're hitting it sweet and straight, can't complain...

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
One comment.....you have improved the angle of your club at the "set" (plane) tremendously well. Before, you were really flat (outside the ball) but now, it looks much better! The top of the backswing looks improved as well.
Good work.

If I was being ultra picky, I'd say do a bit of practice now and again taking the club back straighter for longer, this might get your hands in the "middle of your chest" at 9-10 o'clock rather than where they are now.

But you know me, I never give up trying for perfection.

Here's Paul....

PaulLawrie.jpg

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
I’ll be critical here, so bear with me and forget all the above for a minute………..after all the lessons and all the thoughts and various ideas you’ve tried, the main thing about you swing is how upright you are at impact. You are almost bolt upright. Why, as I see it you starting your down swing at the top not the bottom. At impact your whole body is square to the target line, knees hips the lot it’s like putting, and in reality you need your left hip well out of the way. So, in order to hit the ball you stand tall at impact to compensate. If your left hip was out the way then automatically you would need to be lower, holding your original posture and spine angle to hit the ball.

Freeze your driver swing at impact and look at any rear view vid of top players and you will see the left side well clear at impact. I get the feeling you’ve been playing that long with this swing that help could be hard to come by and I dont mean that in a bad way. Try clearing that left side first rather than pull down your arms from the top.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZvxZvLKGEw&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QL_6M_xZvq0

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Tommo, I said that on 05/02/2010 at 22:46pm (one page back) :)

The hips don't clear because the left foot is square and not flared (just like you see in the Hogan vids). Basically his whole swing stalls and he has to get up and out of his own way before he rolls an ankle.

Still waiting to see/hear anything back from Homer on the subject. I'll not hold my breath.

Tommo21

Tour Winner
Tommo, I said that on 05/02/2010 at 22:46pm (one page back) :)

The hips don't clear because the left foot is square and not flared (just like you see in the Hogan vids). Basically his whole swing stalls and he has to get up and out of his own way before he rolls an ankle.

Still waiting to see/hear anything back from Homer on the subject. I'll not hold my breath.

Dont agree mate.....why, he does clear his hips no bother, in fact his finish is nice, but it's way too late so his square foot, as you say, is not hindering there. His down swing starts with sitting up and pulling down of his arms, not turning his hips. He can turn his hips no bother with his feet position, only problem, it's after he hits the ball.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
I don't know anyone in golf who doesn't recommend having at least the left foot turned open somewhat, if not both.

Did you actually WATCH the Hogan video's you posted as an example? He talks about leading with the lower body.... did you see his left foot square? Watch that left knee movement, you can't do that if your left foot is pointing forward.. you'd rupture a cruciate.

If you don't agree that's more than fine with me.

Tommo21

Tour Winner
I don't know anyone in golf who doesn't recommend having at least the left foot turned open somewhat, if not both.

Did you actually WATCH the Hogan video's you posted as an example? He talks about leading with the lower body.... did you see his left foot square? Watch that left knee movement, you can't do that if your left foot is pointing forward.. you'd rupture a cruciate.

If you don't agree that's more than fine with me.

Homer must have a ruptured cruciate then, because he does turn without his foot pointing the way you think. Just a different opinion thats all. I do watch Hogans vid and he does stress the lower body first rather than what Homer does, after he hits the ball.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

I'm planning to get down to some serious work on it over the next few weeks with some days off coming. Didn't want to get to much into making a change with some competitions on. I understand the concept and what you and Tommo have said (and appreciate the honesty) but having had the problem for a number of years its one of those things I'm going to have to realy breakdown to break the circle

I don't have any problems turning through with the squarer feet position and when I'm swinging way the lateral movement is less