Muscle ache

Andy808

Tour Winner
Visit site
Having been playing at least twice a week for the last 18 months does anyone have any ideas why my calf muscles are killing me after every round?

I use a push trolley so it's not carrying a bag that is doing it so any ideas why and how to help it would be greatfully received.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Maybe you shouldn't play in high heels...

There's tons of reasons. Its a Doc you need to be talking to.

Andy808

Tour Winner
Visit site
I used to do alot of cycling and walking to keep in shape and never had any problems with my calf muscles being so painfull even when I'd spent a few hours on the bike.

Andy808

Tour Winner
Visit site
Nike shoes which are a really good fit and I had it before I got them. They feel like they have good support.
I don't walk on my toes and my home course isn't hilly at all.
I've thought about all of those things and none fit. That's why I thought I would get some ideas from the greater knowledge of the forum.

Shiny

Head Pro
Visit site
I get similar with my calves. I did notice that I did not get it when carrying, only when pushing a trolley. New Motocaddy on order now which will help.

Mark_G

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I ache all over after I have played, I virtually sieze up and have to hobble to the car, and have a sleep when I get home, I am taking up Yoga and Pilates to try and get my body into a condition its not so painful a recovery.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
My wifes wii fit is constantly giving me advice on how to improve my posture. I have noticed an improvement in my balance since I started doing it when I visit the wife.

I do think the doc is a better place than an talking balance board though.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Having been playing at least twice a week for the last 18 months does anyone have any ideas why my calf muscles are killing me after every round?

playing this frequently with the same issue bluntly rules out anything 'basic' because your muscles would have adapted - these levels of play over that period is 'training' not straining.

as other have suggested, it's indicative of some underlying issue, and a professional opinion should be sought.

Andy808

Tour Winner
Visit site
Re the OP, have you done any sort of stretches for these muscles before playIng, simple stretching could help.

Yes I do stretch before a game. I used to play cricket as a kid and in my teens I did weight lifting so we were taught the importance of stretching excercises and warming up. I also learned the hard way when I tore one of my quads so badly you could see the tear through my skin and took months to heal.
I have to see the doctor for something else next week so I will have a chat to him about that at the same time.
Thanks for the advice everyone.