• Skymax

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Atticus_Finch

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
With Mcilroy reiterating his desire to go on and win Majors later in his carrer and Murray playing in his first grand slam final tonight, I though I would have a wee poll to see who you think would be the more successfull in their chosen careers.
So.....

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
Murray will win more majors, McIlroy will never win a major in my eyes, there are simply too many golfers capable of doing so whilst as recent tennis has showed, there are 6 players who are clearly at a higher level than the rest of them.

Whilst McIlroy is without doubt a great talent, there are so many just as good golfers who have never and will never win a major. Even Monty at his dominant and consistent best in terms of O.O.M wins was unable to secure a major win (although close to it) so I think it will be beyond McIlroy. I hope I am wrong as I would love to see him get one.

As for Murray, I think he will win tonight and go on to win 5 or so grand-slam events without doubt. Last night he got the monkey off his back and to be honest out-played nadal. He has come of age in terms of his performances and I think he is at the very top of his sport and will go on to be a great champion.

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
This may come across as being very controversial.

I don't particularly care if Murray wins tonight, in fact I'm rooting for the other guy! I have no interest in tennis whatsoever.

Some may remember Murrays comments when England were playing Portugal some time back.
Murray was quoted as saying I want Portugal to beat England. Well, it's my turn now.
Sorry if it offends some of our Scottish members, it's not meant as an anti Scot jibe. Quite simply, I didn't like his remarks.

As for Rory, yep, he'll find it tough but I do hope he gets at least one major under his belt before too long.

andycap

Head Pro
Visit site
Some may remember Murrays comments when England were playing Portugal some time back.
Murray was quoted as saying I want Portugal to beat England. Well, it's my turn now.
Sorry if it offends some of our Scottish members, it's not meant as an anti Scot jibe. Quite simply, I didn't like his remarks.

Agree 100% i remember him in an interview saying he would have a Portugal shirt on that evening. And then he wants all our support at Wimbledon ! I don't like football or tennis but i do appreciate good sportsmen in any sport .
and any support for Murray left me that day.

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
If you asked ANY Scottish person if they would bother if England as a team won anything other than footy I am sure they would say they wouldn't mind. We are passionate about footy and 'I' wouldn't want England to win the World Cup not because I don't want to see Terry and the others hold the trophy its simply down to YOUR media which is 1000 times worse than in the 70's and we are STILL getting '66 rammed down our throats. John Motson mentions it at least 3 times per game and he mentioned it even when England didn't qualify for Euro 2008.

I was bouncing round the lounge when England won the Ashes and the Rugby world cup but if they won the world cup I would be pleased for the individuals but it would mean never turning the telly on again or even buying a paper again.

So GO ANDY !!!!!!!!!!!!

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
McIlroy's still very raw. His short game in Switzerland wasn't much better than my own and he ain't gonna win many majors till he sorts that out. Hope he does though. Love his attacking style.

B

birdieman

After last nights effort it would appear that Murray still has a way to go. Australian Open and US open should give him a good chance, French and Wimbledon aren't his surfaces I don't think.
If Federer packs it in after he beats Sampras' slams record that will help Murray's cause.
Give McIlroy a few years, reminds me of Garcia a few years back, a bit gung ho. Needs to use his golfing brain more and not go for everything. Age and experience should sort that out.