Muppets Walking across the fairway at the K Club

rgs

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Was palying at the K Club yesterday-we were on the ninth tee just about to tee off when we notice 2 young kids about 5 & 8 with we presumed their nanny/au pair sauntering across the fairway as if the course was their private forest walkway-they paid no heed to our requests for them to move on and get out of the way, they then turned left and walked all the fairway lengthways-it took a good five minutes before we could continue-that that sort of thing only happened on the local muni

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
Had a similar experience on my course last week.

Just about to tee up on the 12th. Previous 4 ball had left the green and were safely away. A movement in between the trees between the 12th and 7th caught my eye.
4 ramblers were strolling along taking in the scenery. (2 blokes, 2 women) Without warning they all strode straight across the fairway.

I politely told them that there were footpaths on the course but unfortunately they weren't on one.
Completely ignored me and carried on walking, now diagonally.
If I hadn't been on a golf course (namely mine) I'd have given them a right gob full. Goddamned brown boot wearing, kagoule sporting woolly jumper wearing plonkers!

mick

Assistant Pro
Visit site
My club is near hills popular with ramblers and dog walkers,a few leak on to the course every now and then,never had anyone refusing to get off the course though,and I certainly wouldn't have expected it at the K club.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
We get walkers all the time. They don't give a monkeys if they are on the course and off the footpaths. They are all scum.

We have also had someone having a picnic in the middle of the 17th fairway. They refused to move too.

clubchamp07

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A few years ago we had campers in a tent pitch up on our 17th green. We wondered why they didnt think it was a golf course. They even used the flag at a support.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yeah couple of clubs i play at have public footpaths right through em, well annoying!

Especially when they bring the dogs and they start chasing rabbits!

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
A few years ago we had campers in a tent pitch up on our 17th green. We wondered why they didnt think it was a golf course. They even used the flag at a support.

There is a limit to what I could actually tolerate without my shall we say less affable side emerging and this, along with a couple of other posts represent the moment the line would have been well and truly crossed.

There are some diabolical liberties being taken and action is most definately required. Sometimes people are too nice and too tolerant of the ignorant and moronic.

billyg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

There is a limit to what I could actually tolerate without my shall we say less affable side emerging and this, along with a couple of other posts represent the moment the line would have been well and truly crossed.

There are some diabolical liberties being taken and action is most definately required. Sometimes people are too nice and too tolerant of the ignorant and moronic.

It's a tricky one. If the club gets a reputation amongst locals for beligerance then it won't be long before they start letting their dogs squat on the greens or having their little scrotes use it for practicing donughts on their motorbikes . It only takes one.

I take your point that's it's infuriating but a bit of good PR and a word in the club secs. ear about erecting signs on the rights of way -cross points worded along the lines of liablity waivers if walkers stray from the paths might be more prudent in the long run.

bill

mhchambers50

Visit site
We had bother at my club just outside Edinburgh when the new Access Code came out.However,if you read the Access Code,there are actually specific rules covering sports areas and people can't just wander anywhere they want on golf courses,football pitches etc.They wouldn't wander into the middle of a football match,so why do they think a golf course is any different????
Play your shot and to hell with them if they're silly enough to be in your line of fire then they deserve all they get.....
And I might add,I'm speaking as both a golfer and a walker(albeit a sensible one)so I've seen it from both view points!!

mhchambers50

Visit site
Re my last post this is what the Scottish Outdoor Access code says:
Golf Courses-You can only exercise access rights to cross over a golf course and in doing so,you must keep off golf greens at all times and not interfere with any games or damage the playing surface.Golf courses are intensively used and managed and there can be hazards such as where golfers are playing"blind"shots.In exercising access rights:
Allow players to play their shot before crossing a fairway.
Be still when close to a player about to play.
Follow paths where they exist and,keep your dog on a short lead."
I have a copy of this in my golf bag and have on a couple
of occasions politely advised walkers of the above and they have a least acknowledged that they were not aware of this.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We had a family picnicing on the 1st at Wimbledon Common once. They said it was the only bit of decent grass for their kid to play football on. Fortuantely the 2 beefier members of my 4 ball shall we say forcibly ejected them and their picnic from the vicinity

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Had a women walk out of woods yesterday with a boxer, didnt even look down the fairway just straight out, some one behind us had played there shot and it wasnt far from her feet. She didnt even see it coming but i bet if it hit her she would complain to the club.