MS Onedrive help

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Seem to be having some problems with onedrive syncing between a couple of devices

I have a laptop which has office 2007 and a windows tablet that has office 2016

I do most of my work on the laptop and occasionally access and update my files on the tablet. This used to work fine I moved all my folders from my c drive on the laptop into replica on the onedrive which I could then access from the tablet.

However now it seems on the laptop the onedrive directory is actually sitting on my c drive and hence not updating anything. The only way round I can find is to open onedrive in a browser and then manually upload any updated files which is laborious and not exactly failsafe.

How do I set the 2 machines up so that when I update a spreadsheet on either device it saves to the same place and I only have one version whichever machine i access from? Can I only do this in excel 2016 and not in excel 2007? ie do i need to update the laptop to the 2016 version?

MTIA

jdpjamesp

Q-School Graduate
www.jdpalmer.co.uk
Onedrive is Office/OS agnostic so it should work. If I were you, on the machine that doesn't work, uninstall the OneDrive program and delete any folders (obviously make sure the versions in the cloud are correct first!), then reinstall the program, making sure you select the location you want the files to be on the machine when you install. See if that helps.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Thanks

have cleared it down off each of the machines and can access via the web as a bare minimum, will try and reload onto the tablet again tomorrow